Dino Babers is.. | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers is..

UB is not P5 but they are in NYS and they went 6-1 with the same state restrictions.

How many running backs o linemen defensive backs did they miss? New York was highly punitive next to the south and Indiana.

Michigan was pretty locked down. Ohio not as much.

fwiw I think we would’ve been pretty mediocre anyway with Tommy at qb in a normal world.

fwiw I think we would’ve been pretty mediocre anyway with Tommy at qb in a normal world.

Agree. And with no shade whatsoever thrown at DeVito, his limitations held us back in 2019, and similarly held us back at the beginning of this year against our OOC P5 opponent.

Shrader has raised both the floor and ceiling of this team's potential.

Need to get to 6, no matter how we do it. Missed two huge opportunities to get closer to that goal the past two games -- but we wouldn't have been competitive in either of those games with the former starting QB at the helm, IMO.

Isn’t there a way to prep for these situations? Kind of like prepping for SATs… have someone grill him with different scenarios until it becomes reflexive.
Not at this point. He is what he is.
He obviously isnt a good x and O guy. Not detail oriented. Poor on game day and in game adjustments. He was destroyed by Maryland because his game plan was off base and he couldn't adjust.

Dinos strength is at the 30000 foot level.
He runs a clean program and i sincerely believe he cares about the kids and his assistant coaches and support staff. Dino is a good salesman. A good guy.
Hes not a very good football coach and i dont think he is a good position coach.
Dino would make a solid administrator.
He will be retained so lets pray he delegates as much of the game planning and in game decisions to his assistant coaches as he isnt going to suddenly become good at it at this point in his career.

What would our record have then if we played their schedule? Asking for a friend, who insists on baselining comparisons.

Don't be so dense as to try to pass a s***** comparison off, on the pedantic association of New York state alone.

Good god. If we played their schedule, we might have qualified for a owll even with the multitude of debilitating injuries we suffered. Apples and oranges.

Which should be readily obvious. But yes, they also were in New York state, so kudos on winning that irrelevant, hair splitting point.
They played a schedule that is their peers in NYS and went 6-1. We played a schedule of our peers and went 1-10. That is a fair comparison . What was BC’s schedule? They played in the NE where covid was taken serious. Pitt was in Pennslyvania. SU wasn’t unique.

Can anyone pull up what first year coaches records were during the 2020 season? They had it even worse then we did since they were a completely brand new staff

Agree. And with no shade whatsoever thrown at DeVito, his limitations held us back in 2019, and similarly held us back at the beginning of this year against our OOC P5 opponent.

Shrader has raised both the floor and ceiling of this team's potential.

Need to get to 6, no matter how we do it. Missed two huge opportunities to get closer to that goal the past two games -- but we wouldn't have been competitive in either of those games with the former starting QB at the helm, IMO.
GS came in for 3 drives during Rutgers and didn’t play at the same level he did now

Gee, I wonder what would have happened if he'd been handed the reins for the entire game. Or earlier in the season.

RU stinks, as evidenced by how they've played in the three games since. It was a winnable game, and we blew a prime opportunity.

Honestly, your takes are terrible.
I think Dino's biggest mistake personnel-wise this year was not giving Shrader half the game against Ohio. Might've been able to make the decision/get him up to speed quicker for all the subsequent games.

Last edited:
I think Dino's biggest mistake personnel-wise this year has been not giving Shrader half the game against Ohio. Might've been able to make the decision/get him up to speed quicker for all the subsequent games.
Mehh... I'd argue his biggest mistake was thinking a pocket QB could replace Dungey, without an oline or an Erv or Ish to tear the top off of a defense.

If he was still looking for that? Earlier games make more sense.

Isn’t there a way to prep for these situations? Kind of like prepping for SATs… have someone grill him with different scenarios until it becomes reflexive.
make him play Madden 6 hrs a day

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom