Dino Babers, John Wildhack hope 'arranged marriage' turns into long-term stability | Syracusefan.com

Dino Babers, John Wildhack hope 'arranged marriage' turns into long-term stability

jr4750

All American
Last edited:
Apologies to OX who posted this in football thread, but, I thought it deserved its' own. I feel confident that we will soon be a solid football club ladies and gentlemen. I very much liked what I read in this article from Chris Carlson. A lot to take in and digest.

Dino Babers, John Wildhack hope 'arranged marriage' turns into long-term stability

Agreed. Lots of gems in there. I like:

Wildhack: "We're doing things relatively quietly, which is OK," Wildhack said. "We're trying to build a foundation, right? A foundation for a program that's going to take time to turn around. But when it does, and it will, it will be built to have sustained success."

Figure out how to run block and beef up those offensive linemen, and I'll be a happy boy

Loved that article, weekly lunch and talking shop and getting to know each other personally. Warm article and great to see.

I think finally we are putting a solid plan in place to build up this program. May take a few more seasons but the ride should be fun and in the end worth the wait!!

It doesn't even have to be a "solid" plan (though I think it is) to be an improvement over the past.

It is very obvious that the programs foundation is in the hands of two very capable and bright individuals who have the same goals, they like each other, meet each week to discuss progress moving forward and have set realistic goals to achieve a positive winning program. What a great change from what I know as the past relationships between AD and HC and the transparency to let the players, students and public know exactly what is happening. It’s like we are all one family striving to get to a positive place that’s respected from all points of view. You can’t help but feel good about it.

One of the key points here is that John Wildhack genuinely sees Dino Babers succeeding and is giving him the tools to do just that. “Based on the enhancements that have taken place under Wildhack, that number seems likely to tick upward again when it is calculated this summer.” The majority of the improvements, Wildhack said, are part of an effort to improve recruiting. Some hires are aimed at helping the Orange identify and prioritize high school recruits earlier, while others have focused on making the program more attractive through marketing and social media with increased spending for better locker facilities to a Dome that will be more comfortable for the SU fan base. “If you're going to compete with the teams we're trying to compete with, you need the right resources," Wildhack said. "That starts with great people."

I cannot feel anything but great about the above. An AD with his attitude doing anything he possibly and realistically can to help his HC. John has Dino’s back and for those of you who can remember the story of the “Little Engine That Could” in time, with optimism, persistence and hard work we will all do very well.

I know first hand that recruiting wise these guys leave no stone un turned. The program is in its way up , one of the reasons we chose cuse was to be part of the rise . I'm a huge steeler fan spoiled by all the winning in the 70s only to fall off in the 80s and the stands fell quite the terrible towels stopped twirling , but than came cowher and and I will never forget there there first home playoff game and yancey thigpen scored and he pulled the towel out from his pants and started twirling the place , the city erupted , it was reborn the loudest I ever heard it ! When a city is starved for a while and a rebirth happenes it's so much sweeter .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom