Dino interview on ESPN before VT/WVU | Syracusefan.com

Dino interview on ESPN before VT/WVU

OrangeDW

Living Legend
Hopefully the video will surface to be shared soon, but did anyone else catch that?

Pretty nice to see the program getting some positive exposure. Lots of talk about our strong defensive performances so far. Basically a couple minutes before they went to the VT game - hopefully infuriating the Hokie and Mountaineer fans in the process.

Nice observation
I think his strength is at the top. I don't think he is a great X and O kind of coach like Doug was. He is charismatic and he is real in his concern for his players and the program. He will never get the university in trouble and always be a great representative. I also think that he has an eye for talent. When your surround someone with this with others that have the skill sets, he lacks magic can happen. Dino to his credit was able to attract these coaches. Dr. Bob and Beck could have named their destination and that fact that Dino landed them is because he is a rock-solid guy. Kudos to JW for having the vision to work through a difficult Situation and realize that he had a great program head who needed to be supported by better coaches.
Let's hope that the University steps up and pays whatever it takes to keep this group together as given time we have a true chance to win the ACC and make the dance

I think his strength is at the top. I don't think he is a great X and O kind of coach like Doug was. He is charismatic and he is real in his concern for his players and the program. He will never get the university in trouble and always be a great representative. I also think that he has an eye for talent. When your surround someone with this with others that have the skill sets, he lacks magic can happen. Dino to his credit was able to attract these coaches. Dr. Bob and Beck could have named their destination and that fact that Dino landed them is because he is a rock-solid guy. Kudos to JW for having the vision to work through a difficult Situation and realize that he had a great program head who needed to be supported by better coaches.
Let's hope that the University steps up and pays whatever it takes to keep this group together as given time we have a true chance to win the ACC and make the dance
Agree mostly. I wouldn’t discount his coaching experience altogether however. He’s been doing this a long time. Knowing when to get out of the way is probably a lesson he learned along the way too.

HC’s tend to be all ego. Setting it aside is no small thing.

Also, that stupid VT Enter Sandman entrance is corny, contrived, and jumped the shark 10 years ago. And it’s literally all their program is known for now.

“Hey, let’s go nuts while these scrubs run into the field to a song I’ve heard 75,000 times and then watch 4 hours of bad football!!??” SMH, dorks.

Agree mostly. I wouldn’t discount his coaching experience altogether however. He’s been doing this a long time. Knowing when to get out of the way is probably a lesson he learned along the way too.

HC’s tend to be all ego. Setting it aside is no small thing.
Well put. I actually think that Dino has finally started to put his ego on the shelf.

Also, that stupid VT Enter Sandman entrance is corny, contrived, and jumped the shark 10 years ago. And it’s literally all their program is known for now.

“Hey, let’s go nuts while these scrubs run into the field to a song I’ve heard 75,000 times and then watch 4 hours of bad football!!??” SMH, dorks.
The entrance is fantastic, Syracuse should try to start a tradition like it

The entrance is fantastic, Syracuse should try to start a tradition like it

Eh.

I’d rather watch the Sandman come out to take on Tommy Dreamer on grainy 1997 VHS footage to that song.

The Cuse can come out to the marching band fight song.

OR….

take my long-standing suggestion(eat it bnoro!!!) of “Welcome to the TerrorDome” by Public Enemy (and recently used by LeBron/Nike for a commercial so it’s “relevant”) as it has “Dome” and “Refuse to Lose” in the title and song.

So I still think the entrance is pretty cool, and wish we had something similar (or could just fill our stadium).

But yeah, when it comes to the home field advantage, Lane Stadium is dead. I don't think they'll ever get back what they once had at that place. No one is intimidated anymore.

VT coach has a hell of a hole to dig out of. That’s a bad football team
Yet they supposedly have recruited better than us

Their recruiting shows why coaching is so valuable. They've been anywhere from 27 - 59 ranked class between 2019 and 2023, so there in theory should be talent there. It's just they haven't been coached up, or put in position to play to their system, whatever that is.

Yet they supposedly have recruited better than us

Their recruiting shows why coaching is so valuable. They've been anywhere from 27 - 59 ranked class between 2019 and 2023, so there in theory should be talent there. It's just they haven't been coached up, or put in position to play to their system, whatever that is.

yeah and they have a first time HC as well. Could really turn into a disaster

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom