Dino is going to throw the entire playbook this week | Syracusefan.com

Dino is going to throw the entire playbook this week

Alsacs

Living Legend
My bold prediction is Eric Dungey is going to throw, rush and catch a TD this week.
Devin Butler to Dungey throwback has to be in the playbook.
Lamar Jackson had his coming out party 2 years ago against Florida State.
This game is the biggest home game for Syracuse in a decade. Winning this game will get bandwagoners coming to the Dome the following week.

The defense just can’t give up explosive plays. Florida State had 3 long play TDs last year. 2 long runs and bomb TD pass. Just keep them from quick play drives. Ward needs to show his something this week.

Safety needs to stay back. just no easy passing TDs at least the runs require a bunch of good blocking most of the time.

we havent seen almost any wide runs, very few bubbles, the throws that Phillips lived on, Pierce has been quiet, almost no deep balls, no toss plays. lets hope oline blocks it all well.

Funny you mention unloading the playbook... I was thinking how so many coaches chose to play things straight, keep it simple, when they play "lesser" teams as not to tip their hand of what's in store when they play better teams.

But as a Pats fan you'll appreciate how a guy like Belichick believes the opposite. He'll run unique plays at any time against any opponent, just to give the next opponent that much more to prepare for. Basically overwhelm them with possibilities so they can't practice any one thing too well.

I know, Brady. I still prefer his approach.

I know the original post focused on the offense, but I think they have held back some of the playbook on D. I haven't seen many blitzes or stunts the first couple of weeks. I'd imagine we'll see more of that this week.

Funny you mention unloading the playbook... I was thinking how so many coaches chose to play things straight, keep it simple, when they play "lesser" teams as not to tip their hand of what's in store when they play better teams.

But as a Pats fan you'll appreciate how a guy like Belichick believes the opposite. He'll run unique plays at any time against any opponent, just to give the next opponent that much more to prepare for. Basically overwhelm them with possibilities so they can't practice any one thing too well.

I know, Brady. I still prefer his approach.

I hope Dungey catches better than Brady. ;)
tom-brady-dropped-pass

My bold prediction is Eric Dungey is going to throw, rush and catch a TD this week.
Devin Butler to Dungey throwback has to be in the playbook.
Lamar Jackson had his coming out party 2 years ago against Florida State.
This game is the biggest home game for Syracuse in a decade. Winning this game will get bandwagoners coming to the Dome the following week.

The defense just can’t give up explosive plays. Florida State had 3 long play TDs last year. 2 long runs and bomb TD pass. Just keep them from quick play drives. Ward needs to show his something this week.
Strickland with the HB pass

I know the original post focused on the offense, but I think they have held back some of the playbook on D. I haven't seen many blitzes or stunts the first couple of weeks. I'd imagine we'll see more of that this week.

I've been hoping to see this for over two years now. At this point I just don't think its in Ward's playbook

I've been hoping to see this for over two years now. At this point I just don't think its in Ward's playbook
You didn't see the blitzes last year? They were there.

Strickland with the HB pass

I thought you wrote "Strickland with a behind the back pass" when I first glanced. Now, your prediction isn't as exciting, but may be correct! .

we stunted and blitzed a bunch vs Wagner too, not much vs WMU. When you blitz you have responibility issues and with so many guys in new places on the back end they made need to work into it.

I think Dino will use the tools he needs on Saturday as per diem. Have to save some for Clemson and then the ACC Championship game vs VT.
i hope we are in a position to "save" some---but we will need everything we have.

i hope we are in a position to "save" some---but we will need everything we have.

I'd assume he'll use what he needs or sees that he should use depending on the situation...along with gameplanning something interesting. This is going to be a tough game as FSU does not want to go 1-2 and curious if they are going to be a badger trapped in a corner or give up easily if SU punches them hard. This game can go in so many directions.

I'd assume he'll use what he needs or sees that he should use depending on the situation...along with gameplanning something interesting. This is going to be a tough game as FSU does not want to go 1-2 and curious if they are going to be a badger trapped in a corner or give up easily if SU punches them hard. This game can go in so many directions.
Not so sure. I think SU is still a difficult game for the big boys to get excited or worried about. (The players, not the coaches.)

Not so sure. I think SU is still a difficult game for the big boys to get excited or worried about. (The players, not the coaches.)

I'd love for them to be overconfident but it also may be possible that last year woke them up as SU should have at the worst tied that game. Yep...coaches are always worried, heck they'd be worried playing Lemoyne and they don't even have a team.