Dino needs to pound the transfer portal | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino needs to pound the transfer portal

I would not mind seeing us grab a center because we don't have depth there and would take another DT not knowing what is happening with McKinley. Maybe even 2 DTs. Ruff is gone as well I think.

Last edited:
I would not mind seeing us grab a center because we don't have depth there and would take another DY not knowing what is happening with McKinley. Maybe even 2 DTs. Ruff is gone as well I think.

Agree - need a DT for sure. I am assuming Williams wil be back and that's why he saw his 1st action against Duke. That said, Williams along with Black and Elmore will be Srs next year. Going to need some bodies behind them for the future, so any Fr/Sophs in the transfer portal would be worth a look.

you need 10-12 bodies on the dline.. if we dont have that then they need to go find someone.
I dont think WR depth is the issue, the Fr who we havent seen yet can replace Riley, now if we lose 2-3 then they probably need to go find someone.

oline who knows. We are making changes we might need 1 new starter, but the kids might be ok there thats a coaches call.

I am more wondering about DBs and Safety next yr. You need 3-4 cover corners and who knows if we have that, hopefully the RSs 1-2 can step in.

I know it hasn't been Dino's style per se, but I hope we start utilizing the Portal (and Juco) in the same manner some of the middle of the road SEC and Big 10 teams do. Poach disgruntled 4, 5 and high 3 star recruits that are more looking to move who can see the field immediately for us. I dont really care about position (outside of secondary) if transferring kid is better than what we have. That said Lets go Orange!!!

I know it hasn't been Dino's style per se, but I hope we start utilizing the Portal (and Juco) in the same manner some of the middle of the road SEC and Big 10 teams do. Poach disgruntled 4, 5 and high 3 star recruits that are more looking to move who can see the field immediately for us. I dont really care about position (outside of secondary) if transferring kid is better than what we have. That said Lets go Orange!!!
Undergraduate transfers can not see the field immediately, They have to sit a year.

Undergraduate transfers can not see the field immediately, They have to sit a year.
I think we all know that but thanks for the reminder. i am assuming you stated that because I have my eye on a couple O-lineman that fit Of course, but as you know in the last couple of years we have had high high high level transfers awarded immediate playing time like Mr Fields. But as i mentioned in my post "JUCO'S" also. Time to start getting top JUCO's

you need 10-12 bodies on the dline.. if we dont have that then they need to go find someone.
I dont think WR depth is the issue, the Fr who we havent seen yet can replace Riley, now if we lose 2-3 then they probably need to go find someone.

oline who knows. We are making changes we might need 1 new starter, but the kids might be ok there thats a coaches call.

I am more wondering about DBs and Safety next yr. You need 3-4 cover corners and who knows if we have that, hopefully the RSs 1-2 can step in.
I have been VERY critical of HCDB recruits particularly on O-line and interior D Line. But our secondary is loaded with talent like Nunn, Cole and Cam Jonas who haven't even really seen the field. I love the secondary recruits actually the last three cycles. Tons of talent in the back, but up front smh. Really sick of recruiting O-line prospects with Syracuse as top offer and 1 other P5 offer and a bunch of MAC schools. Thats been the problem. Have to fix it now and not be here next year. I really want to see high level O-lineman and interior D line from portal and or JUCO's that are eligible for next year and can hit the field

I have been VERY critical of HCDB recruits particularly on O-line and interior D Line. But our secondary is loaded with talent like Nunn, Cole and Cam Jonas who haven't even really seen the field. I love the secondary recruits actually the last three cycles. Tons of talent in the back, but up front smh. Really sick of recruiting O-line prospects with Syracuse as top offer and 1 other P5 offer and a bunch of MAC schools. Thats been the problem. Have to fix it now and not be here next year. I really want to see high level O-lineman and interior D line from portal and or JUCO's that are eligible for next year and can hit the field
I am going to lose sleep going forward knowing that General Joe is VERY critical of Dino's recruits on the O and D Lines.

Can I get a hug from somebody please? I need reassurance that everything is gonna be OK...

I am going to lose sleep going forward knowing that General Joe is VERY critical of Dino's recruits on the O and D Lines.

Can I get a hug from somebody please? I need reassurance that everything is gonna be OK...
Come on man!!!! I was being positive and talking about the great secondary recruits HCDB has signed. Dont start a fight with me especially as I am enjoying watching highlights of a Georgetown loss at MSG. Even if it was to Duke but you get the point. Truce?

Why does everyone love cam Jonas? Can the dude sniff the field before he gets hyped?

Why does everyone love cam Jonas? Can the dude sniff the field before he gets hyped?

“Eye test” - looks like a player.

So did Ashton Broyld. :rolleyes:
See also: Adly Enoicy, et al.

Come on man!!!! I was being positive and talking about the great secondary recruits HCDB has signed. Dont start a fight with me especially as I am enjoying watching highlights of a Georgetown loss at MSG. Even if it was to Duke but you get the point. Truce?
I'm not starting anything with you, voicing my opinion just like you did with a bit of humor thrown in.

I did lose a few hours of sleep last night though. I was worrying about our HC who is a career college football coach that has played college football, coached it for a long long time and apparently according to some on this board has no idea what he is doing when it comes to evaluating and bringing in recruits.

Are you a college or high school football coach? Just curious about your credentials as far as evaluating recruits.

I'm not starting anything with you, voicing my opinion just like you did with a bit of humor thrown in.

I did lose a few hours of sleep last night though. I was worrying about our HC who is a career college football coach that has played college football, coached it for a long long time and apparently according to some on this board has no idea what he is doing when it comes to evaluating and bringing in recruits.

Are you a college or high school football coach? Just curious about your credentials as far as evaluating recruits.
I am not a college or high school football coach. Are those the only people you think that can have a opinion on the play of the kids HCDB has brought in and play for my school?

Because we watched him dominate on the field in high school and vs top talent in All star games. His size, speed athleticism. If you are a talent evaluator or just watching the game it was easy to see he was one of the top players when on field at every level. Seemed like it would translate in college. Again i think he is going to be good and just behind a logjam at safety at the moment because of the great DB recruiting HCDB has done. Nunn is in the same boat. Very very talented kids.

I am not a college or high school football coach. Are those the only people you think that can have a opinion on the play of the kids HCDB has brought in and play for my school?
Anyone can have an opinion, there are several sayings regarding that fact.

Talent evaluation is an entirely different story and not being an expert myself tend to lean on and trust the guy making his substantial living and keeping his job based on the kids he brings in.

That's Just my opinion.

I think we all know that but thanks for the reminder. i am assuming you stated that because I have my eye on a couple O-lineman that fit Of course, but as you know in the last couple of years we have had high high high level transfers awarded immediate playing time like Mr Fields. But as i mentioned in my post "JUCO'S" also. Time to start getting top JUCO's
No problem. Always happy to remind posters of the facts.

Anyone can have an opinion, there are several sayings regarding that fact.

Talent evaluation is an entirely different story and not being an expert myself tend to lean on and trust the guy making his substantial living and keeping his job based on the kids he brings in.

That's Just my opinion.
So what did you think of HCSS, Paul Pasqualoni or Robinson as recruiters????

So we just have one Jonas brother...aren't there like 3?

If the Jonas Brothers can ball out anything like the Jones Brothers did, then sign them all!!! ;)

Because we watched him dominate on the field in high school and vs top talent in All star games. His size, speed athleticism. If you are a talent evaluator or just watching the game it was easy to see he was one of the top players when on field at every level. Seemed like it would translate in college. Again i think he is going to be good and just behind a logjam at safety at the moment because of the great DB recruiting HCDB has done. Nunn is in the same boat. Very very talented kids.
Ahhh yeah that Evan foster is an all star! Has Jonas even played on specials?

No. I don't believe that is true. An undergrad that transfers still has to sit a year. The QB that was offered, Cade Fortin, could play immediately because he transferred to a JUCO.

Are you certain of this? I'm not sure myself. I just assumed that if they played 4 games or less and therefore used a redshirt year they'd be eligible the next year somewhere else but I guess it certainly could be that they still have to sit a year at their new school barring a waiver.

Are you certain of this? I'm not sure myself. I just assumed that if they played 4 games or less and therefore used a redshirt year they'd be eligible the next year somewhere else but I guess it certainly could be that they still have to sit a year at their new school barring a waiver.
No. Have to sit a year if they are an undergrad transfer no matter how many games they have played.

A sure sign of a desperate coach is to try to wallpaper over long term deficiencies with short term solutions (like numerous grad transfers and JUCOs). It's fine if that's what you built your program on (like Kansas St), but that's not how Syracuse was constructed. Let's hope we're not in that boat this off-season.
The game has changed. Another opinion would be the best coaches now are taking advantage of this and using it to their advantage.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom