Dino needs to pound the transfer portal | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Dino needs to pound the transfer portal

To the posters that think they can post anything they want on here, you can't. If you can't be civil in your discussions you will get more than a warning.
For the record CL, I wasn't the one who resorted to personal insults in this thread. I responded when I was called out.

And that poster's name calling is still up on this thread in someone's response.

For the record CL, I wasn't the one who resorted to personal insults in this thread. I responded when I was called out.

And that poster's name calling is still up on this thread in someone's response.
Thanks. I thought I cleaned it all up and looks like admins banned him.

I am going to lose sleep going forward knowing that General Joe is VERY critical of Dino's recruits on the O and D Lines.

Can I get a hug from somebody please? I need reassurance that everything is gonna be OK...
I'm going to lose sleep now that I realize i was wrong. When ALOT of people on here said in the preseason we would win 10 or 11 games and challenge Clemson, i evaluated our o-line and the o-line recruits HCDD has brought in and predicted 6 wins and a bowl game. They were worst than even I thought smh. The truth hurts. Since we have the same type of class right now I pray we hit the portal. Gotta get some talent. Our defense and offensive line has been historically bad. And not historically Syracuse bad but NCAA historically bad.

I'm going to lose sleep now that I realize i was wrong. When ALOT of people on here said in the preseason we would win 10 or 11 games and challenge Clemson, i evaluated our o-line and the o-line recruits HCDD has brought in and predicted 6 wins and a bowl game. They were worst than even I thought smh. The truth hurts. Since we have the same type of class right now I pray we hit the portal. Gotta get some talent. Our defense and offensive line has been historically bad. And not historically Syracuse bad but NCAA historically bad.
Yeah, I am not losing sleep over this team any more. The university however may lose a long standing season ticket holder.

There has to be a dual threat QB out there. I just don’t understand how a pocket passer is better for this system. Clearlyyyy it didn’t work this year. Call the O line what you want, but we saw what a dual threat QB can do here. There’s gotta be one out there that can have some qb competition here

It's time to get to work... Portal is filling up... Time to eat... Major roster reconstruction needed...

Last edited:
There is no major roster reconstruction needed. Just need to add some more depth.
Major reconstruction, no. Depth, absolutely. Talent upgrade - yes!

Ideally, I think we do need an influx of talent at a few key positions, which in turn would create depth in the sense that the current players likely to start at those spots would move to the 2 deep.

There has to be a dual threat QB out there. I just don’t understand how a pocket passer is better for this system. Clearlyyyy it didn’t work this year. Call the O line what you want, but we saw what a dual threat QB can do here. There’s gotta be one out there that can have some qb competition here

Fat Pirate says hi!! ;)

Dude put up video game #'s for Dino's O as a Sr.

... and it wasn't because of his running.

There is no major roster reconstruction needed. Just need to add some more depth.

Defense needs major reconstruction... Exhibit A Boston college game... Exhibit B Maryland game... Exhibit C Louisville game... Syracuse defense one of the worst I've seen in all of college football this year... rank 111 out of 130... Even behind Rutgers and 2 spots above UConnVict

The system doesn't require a dual threat QB our offensive line this season required a dual threat QB. Big difference.

Defense needs major reconstruction... Exhibit A Boston college game... Exhibit B Maryland game... Exhibit C Louisville game... Syracuse defense one of the worst I've seen in all of college football this year... rank 111 out of 130... Even behind Rutgers and 2 spots above UConnVict

Maybe it just needs a different DC with a different scheme. That doesn't mean it needs all new talent. Defense was ranked 23rd in efficiency in the country by ESPN in 2018.

Major reconstruction, no. Depth, absolutely. Talent upgrade - yes!

Ideally, I think we do need an influx of talent at a few key positions, which in turn would create depth in the sense that the current players likely to start at those spots would move to the 2 deep.
and then to the portal. I get a "don't cry over spilled milk" mentality, but we run the risk of losing depth as fast as we build it this way. Maybe that is a risk some are willing to take, but Alexander, our RT transfer was not an upgrade, and as soon as he was demoted, he left. Two example birds with one stone.

and then to the portal. I get a "don't cry over spilled milk" mentality, but we run the risk of losing depth as fast as we build it this way. Maybe that is a risk some are willing to take, but Alexander, our RT transfer was not an upgrade, and as soon as he was demoted, he left. Two example birds with one stone.
Sometimes JUCOs and grad transfers don't work out, just like sometimes High school kids don't pan out. I don't think the staff is going to go crazy recruiting kids out of the portal. First because unless they are a grad transfer they still have to sit a year. We already have 16 commits with 61 players potentially returning. That leaves 8 spots or 9 at the maximum to reach the 25 per class limit. There are still high school kids they are recruiting for the 2020 class. ...and maybe a few JUCOs.

Cade Fortin

2 former 4 star QBs hit the portal today.

Feleipe Franks - Florida
Jake Bentley - South Carolina

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom