Dino needs to pound the transfer portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Dino needs to pound the transfer portal

Serious question i’ve asked a few times before without a good answer...when does Dino stop using the we have “no depth” excuse. At some point, we should have fully developed players ready to step in.

I mean I love the guy, but the comment of poor depth is wearing thin on me. We’re always going to have graduation, to some extent guys will always be injured so we have to have our depth ready to play. Is year 5 the year where they’re all his guys?

Serious question i’ve asked a few times before without a good answer...when does Dino stop using the we have “no depth” excuse. At some point, we should have fully developed players ready to step in.

I mean I love the guy, but the comment of poor depth is wearing thin on me. We’re always going to have graduation, to some extent guys will always be injured so we have to have our depth ready to play. Is year 5 the year where they’re all his guys?
Unless you are a factory, depth is going to always be an issue at some point

Most schools struggle with adequate depth along the lines

Some in the secondary

When they can redshirt an entire class and not play true freshman then you have true depth.

I listen to every press conference this year and I honestly don't recall him talking about depth with the exception of Mckinley and Heckel being out. I may be blocking it out though.

I do recall him talking about teams being faster and having better Jimmy's and Joe's.

Tennessee offensive lineman Ryan Johnson hit the portal yesterday. Immediately eligible.

Johnson appeared in all 12 games this season as a redshirt junior after starting every game (11 at center, one at right guard) on Tennessee's offensive line in 2018

Tennessee offensive lineman Ryan Johnson hit the portal yesterday. Immediately eligible.

Johnson appeared in all 12 games this season as a redshirt junior after starting every game (11 at center, one at right guard) on Tennessee's offensive line in 2018

Sign me up...

Would love to add two interior linemen, if possible, to contend for starting roles. Need to strengthen our ability to pound the rock.

I'll take pretty much anyone that has starting experience at a non-garbage P5 school. Was going to say any P5 and then higher-end P5 but with the defense already being bad and graduation about to take the majority of starters, I'm open to almost anything. Same on the OL. 1 guy with starting experience is a must.

There is no major roster reconstruction needed. Just need to add some more depth.
we went from 10 wins to 5 with a lot of the same pieces back. So we need reconstruction of some sort...that is for sure.

The Gaddy twins from Maryland entered the portal yesterday to.

Breyon Gaddy 6-3 348 OL (former 4 Star)
Brandon Gaddy 6-3 311 DT (former 3 Star)

Both are redshirt sophomores from Virginia Beach. Originally committed to Tennessee and flipped to Maryland. Played in most every game as role player/rotation guys. Brandon had 16 tackles this season at DT. He's the one worth pursuing but not sure if they're a package deal. Locksley moved Breyon from DT to OL.

Both are redshirt sophomores from Virginia Beach. Originally committed to Tennessee and flipped to Maryland. Played in most every game as role player/rotation guys. Brandon had 16 tackles this season at DT. He's the one worth pursuing but not sure if they're a package deal. Locksley moved Breyon from DT to OL.

Michael Locksley, man.

When they can redshirt an entire class and not play true freshman then you have true depth.
I agree with this. This is a differentiator between established, well run programs and wannabes. We are still forced to play too many of our true freshmen. The changes to frosh eligibility help schools like us, who almost have to play true frosh to fill gaps, allowing us to do it on a limited basis without burning eligibility.

Yes, please. If they remember our game against them, they should know that early PT is available for the taking

I agree with this. This is a differentiator between established, well run programs and wannabes. We are still forced to play too many of our true freshmen. The changes to frosh eligibility help schools like us, who almost have to play true frosh to fill gaps, allowing us to do it on a limited basis without burning eligibility.

Just imagine if we'd had Cody Conway this year as a fifth year senior...

Landing two guys like this to play DT would go a LOOONNNGGG way to solving our issues against the run.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom