Dino needs to pound the transfer portal | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Dino needs to pound the transfer portal

Lol. I read the title of this post and immediately thought of this:

I’m adding “Pounding the transfer portal” to the list.

Attachments

• 40EBD139-D719-4A68-A79C-709009B28CFE.png
    40EBD139-D719-4A68-A79C-709009B28CFE.png
    736.8 KB · Views: 105
Lol. I read the title of this post and immediately thought of this:

I’m adding “Pounding the transfer portal” to the list.
I expect an acknowledgment nod :)

Maybe it's just me but it looks like a solid amount of QBs/DL/OL are hitting the transfer portal so far

Maybe it's just me but it looks like a solid amount of QBs/DL/OL are hitting the transfer portal so far
This period is like the "second chance" option on lottery tickets.

there are going to be more and more QBs in the portal this year and going forward. Hell, USC alone will probably send a couple more this year with that Slovis kid turning into a star, he has two more years until he can go to the NFL. Always important for us to get our target HS kids(which hasn't happened since Tommy), but the portal is a great way to pick up the slack when that doesn't happen.

What I’m reading here is WE GOT OPTIONS. The coaches should and will be hitting the portal I’m sure. Biggest thing is to bring quality in. Not another S Alabama recruit again. They should be guys who are instant contributors if they are grad transfer guys.

What I’m reading here is WE GOT OPTIONS. The coaches should and will be hitting the portal I’m sure. Biggest thing is to bring quality in. Not another S Alabama recruit again. They should be guys who are instant contributors if they are grad transfer guys.
Grad transfers had better be instant contributors as they usually only have one year of eligibility left.

Grad transfers had better be instant contributors as they usually only have one year of eligibility left.
Pretty common sense. But Mr Alexander was not ready.

I'm not ready to rule out all non P5 transfers. There's plenty of them in the NFL, so there's some good ones out there. We just need to get the right ones.

There seems to be a lot of spots open regarding the 2019 recruits so wouldn't Dino/staff go hard after X amount of transfer portal guys? Plus, we don't know which players are going to enter from SU as well.

What hurts with these transfers is that they would have to sit out unless they already graduated and can't play in 4 games like a true freshman can thus a depth issue.... maybe that is a rule they can change and allow transfers to play 4 games or less?

SU ain't Ohio State so the immediate playing time won't be there for those who transfer to the Hill.

There seems to be a lot of spots open regarding the 2019 recruits so wouldn't Dino/staff go hard after X amount of transfer portal guys? Plus, we don't know which players are going to enter from SU as well.

What hurts with these transfers is that they would have to sit out unless they already graduated and can't play in 4 games like a true freshman can thus a depth issue... maybe that is a rule they can change and allow transfers to play 4 games or less?

SU ain't Ohio State so the immediate playing time won't be there for those who transfer to the Hill.
There are currently 15 commits after Bell decommitted. Back dating is no longer allowed so the total class size can only be 25. Grad transfers help as they don't count toward the initial 25. I can see the staff doing what they do every year, take as many HS kids as possible to get to 25 plus a few JUCOs. Take a few transfers that will have to sit a year, like Adams and Jackson. And then find a few Grad Transfers.

I think some of these kids transferring are going to find themselves stuck in the transfer portal with no end destination or they are going to have to transfer to a lower level division in order to play.

There's so many kids hitting the portal right now on a daily basis it's hard to keep track. The latest kid I took note of is Florida State Redshirt Fresh DT Malcolm Lamar. He was a 4* two years ago out of Armwood FL HS. Redshirted and then played sparingly this season. Listed at 6-5 277 on their website.

Tre’Shaun Harrison

Former 4-Star FSU wideout has hit the portal. Sophomore 6-2 195 ... 27 receptions for 289 yards and two touchdowns this season. Has a redshirt 3/2 kid.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom