Dino on Packer & Durham today at 8:45 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino on Packer & Durham today at 8:45

Lamson is the real deal. I just hope he sticks around with Shrader at the helm for the next 2-3 yrs.
Depending on how well he develops and whether he is a better passer than Shrader, it's possible we could end up with a Chris Simms/Major Applewhite scenario.

Here's a bit more detail -- he's a good / accurate passer, and an instinctive runner who makes defenders miss. He's got "it." He's just young, a youngster in terms of his physical maturity, a newbie with respect to the speed of college football, he's got work to do to fully master the playbook, etc. -- but he's got the right tools, playmaking ability, and dual threat potential. And he can make accurate throws on the run.

It sounds like those comparisons to his HS predecessor, Ian Book, from the high school coach who had them both weren't smoke. For this kid to land in our laps in part due to the COVID absurdity of last year was a blessing.

As for your question -- I'm not 100% sure what our coaching staff looks for -- because players are different, and different types of players can get things done differently. Dungey didn't have big time arm talent, but he was accurate and was a fearless runner. Shrader isn't a great passer, but he gets from zero to full speed in two strides and can pass just well enough to keep defenses honest. But I think the ability to process information, be a running threat, and see the field and make the right play as things dynamically unfold are attributes they place a heavy emphasis on.
Appreciate the insights, thank you. Lot to be excited for- hopefully we get to six wins this year and really get this thing rolling.

I would think that the “it” factor, leadership, having guys believe in you, is the #1 quality at this level, and the next. Everyone has some type of physical gifts that get them this far.
See the story of Bo Callahan.

I would think that the “it” factor, leadership, having guys believe in you, is the #1 quality at this level, and the next. Everyone has some type of physical gifts that get them this far.
See the story of Bo Callahan.
I bet every single one of GS’s teammates will go to his birthday party. Is Mikel Jones the next Vontae Mack?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom