18. Clemson

19. Houston

20. Louisiana-Lafayette

21. San Diego State

22. Iowa

23. Oregon

24. Brigham Young

25. Texas-San Antonio

I have no problem with Cincy at 9. Great win vs ND, so rightfully ahead of them. Other than that got blown out in their only other test. Squeezed by a couple ok G5 schools. I know they beat Houston, but Houston lost handily to the 2 p5 teams they played, and beat nobody else other than a uninterested, and undermanned Auburn team in their bowl.

Last edited:
I have no problem with Cincy at 9. Great win vs ND, so rightfully ahead of them. Other than that got blown out in their only other test. Squeezed by a couple ok G5 schools. I know they beat Houston, but Houston lost handily to the 2 p5 teams they played, and beat nobody else other than a uninterested, and undermanned Auburn team in their bowl.

You didn’t sell that #9 ranking very well.

Michigan beat THE OSU head to head and were B1G Conference Champs. Dino’s out to lunch on how he voted there.
but do you think if they played 10 times Mich would win the series? OSU was the better team but for sure not that day.

Much like Ala thumping GA game one and they losing game 2..

but do you think if they played 10 times Mich would win the series? OSU was the better team but for sure not that day.

Everyone has their right to judge the teams however they want.

But I just don't understand how you can drop a Michigan team, whose only flaws were a road game against a Top 10 team that got away from them late, and a lopsided loss to the consensus national champs in the semi-finals, all the way to #7.

Makes no sense to me. But it's just a meaningless coaches poll, so it's not that big of a deal.

It’s a moot point. It doesn’t matter what we THINK because the only fact is that Michigan beat OSU on the field by 15 points. Michigan was the B10 Champion and that should count for something. They were both 8-1 in conference . Michigan was 12-2 overall and OSU was 11-2 overall. To rank OSU ahead of Michigan invalidates their head to head victory and Conference Championship in my view. Additionally most coaches felt the same as I do because Michigan was ahead of OSU in the coaches poll (as well as AP).

Isn't this actually "Random SU grad assistant's final poll ranking"? Coaches don't actually do this, from what I've always understood.

You didn’t sell that #9 ranking very well.
I wasn't trying to justify their ranking. The person I responded to was implying that 9 was insulting...I think. I was just pointing out why at the very least 9 should be acceptable given the schedule they play.

I wasn't trying to justify their ranking. The person I responded to was implying that 9 was insulting...I think. I was just pointing out why at the very least 9 should be acceptable given the schedule they play.
I live in the Cincinnati area so I want to see UC do well but I don't really have any skin in that game.

Considering that they made it to the playoffs, I was expecting higher but their SOS was obviously not as impressive as the other top teams.

Just busting chops. As I was reading your analysis they kept dropping down in rankings. Lol

I was sure Dino would be impressed with that Gator Bowl appearance and pick Rutgers in his poll.

He showed an agreeable modesty not listing his own team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom