Dino's Game 11 Press Conference | Ga Tech | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 11 Press Conference | Ga Tech

Game balls:
D: Bellamy
ST: Clark
O: Villari

“I was really, really proud of the effort and the way these guys played the game.” Babers saw the Orange put everything on the field on Saturday.

Dino impressed with Bellamy's INT, and the downfield blocks which allowed him to score.

“For that offensive line to be able to churn out that many rushing yards against a physical Pitt team, that was impressive.” Babers says his o-line stood out on offense.

Bellamy's INT was the snowball going downhill that caught fire.

The offense was the brainchild of "Team Syracuse". “Health. That’s why we needed to be so creative on Saturday.” Babers says he would need some injured players to return in order to go back to a traditional offense.

Babers declined to comment on if Garrett Shrader could have thrown the ball further than 10 yards if need be. Waiting on the doctors for a report on CDRW.

“Wide receivers are different. They’re my babies.” Babers says his WRs bought in and blocked well against Pitt.

Babers refuses to comment on the eye gouge. The play speaks for itself.

Babers: Garrett's backflip was a "10".

Last edited:
if we have a passing QB who can play we probably start with that.. But i suspect that now we have shown this can work at a times that we use it as well. one thing is that if we run this same style with CDRW and teams play 8 in the box that pass routes become much less congested on the outside for whoever the QB is if we can make some simple throws. There will be no safety help if the WR can win some 1-1 and if the DBs sit off the Wr that makes the blocking easier on them. If teams dont put 8 in the box and play normal 2 high this style should move the ball if you cont make your own mistakes.

if we have a passing QB who can play we probably start with that.. But i suspect that now we have shown this can work at a times that we use it as well. one thing is that if we run this same style with CDRW and teams play 8 in the box that pass routes become much less congested on the outside for whoever the QB is if we can make some simple throws. There will be no safety help if the WR can win some 1-1 and if the DBs sit off the Wr that makes the blocking easier on them. If teams dont put 8 in the box and play normal 2 high this style should move the ball if you cont make your own mistakes.
This was my thought after the Pitt game. Why on earth couldn't we have run this wildcat offense with Shrader and CDRW earlier in the year? They at least present the threat of a pass downfield.

This was my thought after the Pitt game. Why on earth couldn't we have run this wildcat offense with Shrader and CDRW earlier in the year? They at least present the threat of a pass downfield.
we ran CDRW a bunch early vs Pitt but not from this formation.. I suspect some of it is that the QB takes a pounding.. But if you can mix some Shrader some CDRW some Allen some Vallari and 2 can throw a bit maybe it can work..

As coach says how healthy are they after that game. hopefully Clemson running 45 times pounded GT as well on D.

I dont think you get the team buy in to this style in weeks 1-3 after you are winning easily though.. Desparation to get to a bowl helped guys (ie WRs) play a style that they may never see another pass..

Delighted by the victory and the ability to win that way. That said, I can't take too many more Dino pressers. He may be a great guy as many have said on this board but I just find him disingenuous and full of it often.

All I know is that with our new offensive flexibility, opponents are going to have to prepare for every offensive philosophy from 1920 to the present. LGO.
and if the going gets tough will have to use these secret weapons -

Attachments

• stooges.jpg
    stooges.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 35
we ran CDRW a bunch early vs Pitt but not from this formation.. I suspect some of it is that the QB takes a pounding.. But if you can mix some Shrader some CDRW some Allen some Vallari and 2 can throw a bit maybe it can work..

As coach says how healthy are they after that game. hopefully Clemson running 45 times pounded GT as well on D.

I dont think you get the team buy in to this style in weeks 1-3 after you are winning easily though.. Desparation to get to a bowl helped guys (ie WRs) play a style that they may never see another pass..

I think WR's need to do more running and blocking. We all know they can't catch anyhow as the TE and RB's have been doing it for the last 2 years.

I got bad news for you if he wins out

wins out? syracuse is not in a position to fire a coach that makes back to back bowl games. that isnt happening. he wins 1 and he is safe.

people should also give a bit more credit to that 5 game gauntlet we went through. it was absurd. and to end it at va tech in blacksburg on a thursday night, sheesh.

wins out? syracuse is not in a position to fire a couch that makes back to back bowl games. that isnt happening. he wins 1 and he is safe.

people should also give a bit more credit to that 5 game gauntlet we went through. it was absurd. and to end it at va tech in blacksburg on a thursday night, sheesh.
Credit? They got blown out and out played in every one of those games. What’s the credit for?

Same O as last week but Dan throws more. Shrader cant throw. Carlos is hurt and cant run so hes out as he needs to be able to run. Luke might play. Big kid can throw and run.
My money is on Dan throwing the ball if the stuff the box.

wins out? syracuse is not in a position to fire a couch that makes back to back bowl games. that isnt happening. he wins 1 and he is safe.

Wow...

Same O as last week but Dan throws more. Shrader cant throw. Carlos is hurt and cant run so hes out as he needs to be able to run. Luke might play. Big kid can throw and run.
Agree, let’s just put a little more air under the ball when needed.

What is the status of the xfer QB, Davis?

Is he still learning playbook, or has he been slow to develop?

What is the status of the xfer QB, Davis?

Is he still learning playbook, or has he been slow to develop?
Doesn’t bode well that he’s going to pan out to be anything positive does it?

coach said he looked great today in the pc though

What is this 5 game gauntlet you speak of? Clemson is physical but they are a .500 team this year. We didn't show up for UNC (who was overrated) and we gave minimal effort vs FSU. VA Tech is another .500 team. We also had extra time to prep for the game and were told that we were healthy going into the game. Yet we did not show up. BC is one of the worst teams Dino has lost to these past 8 years. At best it was a 3 game gauntlet.

What is this 5 game gauntlet you speak of? Clemson is physical but they are a .500 team this year. We didn't show up for UNC (who was overrated) and we gave minimal effort vs FSU. VA Tech is another .500 team. We also had extra time to prep for the game and were told that we were healthy going into the game. Yet we did not show up. BC is one of the worst teams Dino has lost to these past 8 years. At best it was a 3 game gauntlet.
'59 Syracuse Orange
'72 Dolphins
'86 Giants
'98 Chicago Bulls
'01 Miami Hurricanes

Va Tech needs one more game to clinch a bowl. Syracuse will have lost games to five bowl teams during that stretch if they beat NC State. As bad as the ACC was this year, they will have nine bowl teams at minimum after Saturday.

You guys are both saying the same thing. If Dino gets to a bowl game/wins bowl game, he will still be head coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom