Dino's Game 2 Press Conference for Pitt | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Game 2 Press Conference for Pitt

Spreading the field with 4 wide outs was confusing to me (given our tight ends have proven to be capable pass catchers). So you can imagine how confused I was when we did spread out 5 wide a couple of times.
I honestly think we need to do more of it. Short game snap and throw gets DeVito his timing and throwing down.

Spreading the field with 4 wide outs was confusing to me (given our tight ends have proven to be capable pass catchers). So you can imagine how confused I was when we did spread out 5 wide a couple of times.
This whole offense is designed to attack the whole field and threaten that at all times.
1 - We don't attack the wings with bubble screens any longer as they don't get called,
2 - the running game cant function between the tackles.
3 - We rarely run slant patterns or seam patterns to the middle of the field. (our defense still has trouble defending a slant, yet we run very few. Mind boggling)

So an offense that is designed to be able to attack the whole field spread the defense out to make them defend the whole field and get playmakers in space, just simply doesn't do any of those things and becomes very easy to defend.

This whole offense is designed to attack the whole field and threaten that at all times.
1 - We don't attack the wings with bubble screens any longer as they don't get called,
2 - the running game cant function between the tackles.
3 - We rarely run slant patterns or seam patterns to the middle of the field. (our defense still has trouble defending a slant, yet we run very few. Mind boggling)

So an offense that is designed to be able to attack the whole field spread the defense out to make them defend the whole field and get playmakers in space, just simply doesn't do any of those things and becomes very easy to defend.

Do we really rarely run patterns to the middle of the field? Or are we just not hitting those routes?

Because I know how this offense is designed, the concepts it comes from, and those concepts are not devoid of fundamental elements that have been in every passgame concept basically ever.
Dino isn’t forgetting to send receivers over the middle.

Do we really rarely run patterns to the middle of the field? Or are we just not hitting those routes?

Because I know how this offense is designed, the concepts it comes from, and those concepts are not devoid of fundamental elements that have been in every passgame concept basically ever.
Dino isn’t forgetting to send receivers over the middle.
Does it make a difference when the QB doesn't make the read or see the receiver?

If a tree falls in the woods?

Did they run any types of screen passes to JJ. I don’t believe they did. Screens are the types of passing plays to Jordan that give him the chance to make a defender or two miss and take it to the endzone.

Maybe I should try my hand at coaching at age 48, because my current job isn’t fun anymore.

Does it make a difference when the QB doesn't make the read or see the receiver?

If a tree falls in the woods?
I’ll answer an analogy with another... you can lead a horse to water...

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not saying the staff doesn’t have any accountability. It’s their job to make sure their players can execute their plan.

I am willing to be a little bit more patient this year with all of the variables in play, but we need to get right and we need to get right quick.

And I do believe that we have players that can do it.

Coach says that but I would love to see him actually do it. We all know seniors and juniors are favored no matter how they play.

I'd disagree. Our defense has a bunch of young linebackers out there. The guys on the D-Line and the upperclassmen in the secondary should be the ones playing. We've got frosh & soph on the 2 deep on offense as well. Curious what upperclassmen in particular should not be playing, and which young guys should replace them.

I'd disagree. Our defense has a bunch of young linebackers out there. The guys on the D-Line and the upperclassmen in the secondary should be the ones playing. We've got frosh & soph on the 2 deep on offense as well. Curious what upperclassmen in particular should not be playing, and which young guys should replace them.
I would really like Tucker to get some carries.

I would really like Tucker to get some carries.

I can certainly agree with that. Pierre didn't show much by way of running the ball. I could be wrong, but I feel like I read here that RB's are in charge of calling protections, so there's a good chance Tucker isn't up to speed with that just yet. Then again, Tommy seems to be running for his life a lot, so who knows how much those protection calls matter.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom