Dinos post game response | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dinos post game response

Not for me.

I will always have Clemson - I will think of it often.

We were beaten today by a team with a superior OL and a very good and very experienced QB.

We also played the game without our best player - Dungey.

I will move on and get ready for Louisville.

Amen

Not for me.

I will always have Clemson - I will think of it often.

We were beaten today by a team with a superior OL and a very good and very experienced QB.

We also played the game without our best player - Dungey.

I will move on and get ready for Louisville.

Dungey didn't play and Syracuse put up 38 in one half. He wasn't a factor today.

Mahoney gave it a good effort...but it really boils down to they had their star QB and we didn't. How are we gonna be mad when we lost to a solid ACC team with our backup QB?
Mahoney playing and NOT having Dungy is NOT why we lost. That excuse is weak. We had 38pts on the board at Halftime, what if we had Dungy we would have had 50 or 55 pts at the half? Please.

Mahoney did nothing wrong, not having Dungy wasn't the issue. That cannot be the excuse for why SU lost. The defense and coaching was the issue as both were very bad yesterday. Can't pin this loss on having playing a back-up QB as that was not the issue at all.

Mahoney gave it a good effort...but it really boils down to they had their star QB and we didn't. How are we gonna be mad when we lost to a solid ACC team with our backup QB?
what it really boiled down to is the defense was awfull, the ol was outplayed etc etc. how in the world can mahony get thrown under the bus.??

what it really boiled down to is the defense was awfull, the ol was outplayed etc etc. how in the world can mahony get thrown under the bus.??

The offense gained 6o0 yards and put 43 points on the board. They were not the problem.

Dungey didn't play and Syracuse put up 38 in one half. He wasn't a factor today.

He was certainly a factor in the 2nd half.

He was mediocre. We needed our QB to be great to win that one, the way our D played. Safe to say Dungey would’ve had a better chance of playing great and winning a shootout.

Mahoney playing and NOT having Dungy is NOT why we lost. That excuse is weak. We had 38pts on the board at Halftime, what if we had Dungy we would have had 50 or 55 pts at the half? Please.

Mahoney did nothing wrong, not having Dungy wasn't the issue. That cannot be the excuse for why SU lost. The defense and coaching was the issue as both were very bad yesterday. Can't pin this loss on having playing a back-up QB as that was not the issue at all.

If we had Dungey we probably score more than 5 in the second half and don’t keep putting our defense on the field so quickly all half, allowing things to really snowball.

27 incompletions is a lot, especially when a lot of them were simply inaccurate throws to open receivers.

Of course not having our best player and team leader hurt. Second half would have been a completely different game.

Of course not having our best player and team leader hurt. Second half would have been a completely different game.

Just will never know what the game would have looked like with Dungey, could have been better could have been worse, who knows

Definitely true, but they were also missing a lot.

He was certainly a factor in the 2nd half.

He was mediocre. We needed our QB to be great to win that one, the way our D played. Safe to say Dungey would’ve had a better chance of playing great and winning a shootout.

When you put up 38, the defense has to respond. Sure Mahoney stunk in the second half, but they had a 17 point lead they squandered. The loss is more on the D than it is Mahoney.

Mahoney had a crappy second half.

Coaching was fine.

The defense got beat up by a senior laden team.

Just will never know what the game would have looked like with Dungey, could have been better could have been worse, who knows

Safe to assume better...since he’s the much better player.

Doesn’t mean we would’ve won though.

Mahoney had a crappy second half.

Coaching was fine.

The defense got beat up by a senior laden team.

Three awful possessions in the second half. Two INTs and the possession that ended in the missed 51 yd FG when we took 3 straight low probability deep shots to the end zone from the +33. And a great first half does not offset an awful second half. Plenty of blame to go around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom