Dinos way | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dinos way

Could have had Ash.

Didn’t Floyd Little list all the candidates they interviewed and Ash wasn’t one of them? It was a pretty hideous list without him, however, so we really are lucky. Fortunately I think the Ash rumor was just that. At least that is what I tell myself so I can stop crying at the thought of it

Those two were big for sure. I couldn’t believe it personally, but then I equally couldn’t believe James Mungro was here to. It’s awesome what’s going on.
I have a signed James Mungro Jersey. Wish I could have been there to show him.

Dino Babers is the best thing to happen to Syracuse Football in many many years. You look at what he has built in just three going on four years. I know he had two 4-8's but that is what led to the 10-3. The uptick in recruiting. His national exposure putting Syracuse Football in living rooms and social media. Coach Babers and his very able Staff (S&C,Recruiting, Operations, Video/Social Media all just as important as position coaches) are the best this program has ever had. Keep up the great work gentlemen and lets win some ACC Championships and National Championships. Go Orange!!!!!!!!!!

I watch post game press conferences because I want to hear what Dino has to say. Never watched a post game press conference before HCDB. I’ve never had a coach that I wanted to hear their opinion. He’s a leader and someone to emulate regardless of if you’re a student or an adult. It ALL starts there.

Last year was about making people believe. It happened & I’m amazed how quickly folks came back onboard. The hunger to return to being a winning program is there. Dino does a great job being aware of that and managing those expectations.

And the on the field product ... his eye for talent is insane. I really want to hear comments from casual college football fans when we stay consistently ranked this year. Where did Syracuse come from all of a sudden? - will be the refrain. And a sweet to the ears refrain at that.

Debbie Downer comment — when I think of this Fall I think about the Notre Dame game last year. In my head we’re ready for the playoffs but realistically we are not there yet. For some reason that just makes this ride Dino has us on all the sweeter.

Those two were big for sure. I couldn’t believe it personally, but then I equally couldn’t believe James Mungro was here to. It’s awesome what’s going on.
Why? Pretty sure James lives in the area. I've seen him in Fairmount a few times. At the dome last fall he did the in game show during timeouts with Rob Murphy's wife. He was on mic starting the Whose house chants, throwing t-shirts out to the crowd, etc

The great ones are not just talented recruiters and game managers: They're leaders that understand the history of the game. I saw that with Dabo when he taught his kids about Jim Brown and visited the SU locker room after a loss. And you can see it here, with Dino's comments after the scrimmage:

THE LEGENDS COMING BACK

COMMENTS
"How cool was that? I got a chance to talk to number 39 — Larry Csonka — are you guys kidding me? When I was a kid, I almost got beat up because when we were young — this was in the 70s before you had phones that you could watch movies on and stuff — we were outside playing, and when we played street football, we had to declare who we were going to be. One time I claimed I was going to be Larry Csonka, and everybody told me I couldn’t be Larry Csonka. I wanted to be Larry Csonka, and it almost got to a point where I almost had to fight the guy that I was going to be Larry Csonka. So, I got an opportunity to be Larry Csonka in the early 70s out in the street, and I’m acting like I’m Larry Csonka. After that, all the other kids wanted to know who Larry Csonka was, because they didn’t know who Larry Csonska was.
"We started watching TV, and they started realizing why I wanted to emulate him. He’s big, I wasn’t as big as he was, he was physical, and he was just kind of like a no-nonsense type of guy. He was a no-nonsense, physical, alpha with all capital letters, no small. Kind of gets your eyes going a little bit. I told him when I had my first opportunity to meet him, I said, ‘Do you know the first time I ever spoke at my press conference, I mentioned you? 44s — what about 39?’ And don’t get me wrong, Jim Brown, he’s the GOAT. Floyd Little — all the 44s — I get it. For a 10-year-old, 11-year-old kid, to me Larry Csonka was the bomb. And Coach Coughlin, I mean — Super Bowl rings, the whole nine yards. Running an NFL organization, it doesn’t get any better than that. And Floyd, he just represents Syracuse. I call him Uncle Floyd. It’s like he’s been around forever, and everybody — tell me somebody that says something bad about Floyd. How many guys who’re walking the planet are like that? Just awesome, awesome people, and I love them to death. As long as we can keep that bridge from the past, connect it all the way to the present — wow, we may have a hell of a future."
Babers on the Spring, DeVito, Depth and Much More
reedny, if you want, we can play touch football and then have a drink. Larry knocked me on my ass in Thornden Park when we were frosh and I've had a drink with Floyd in the hotel. I'm old and fat now, but it's only one degree of separation. lol :p

reedny, if you want, we can play touch football and then have a drink. Larry knocked me on my ass in Thornden Park when we were frosh and I've had a drink with Floyd in the hotel. I'm old and fat now, but it's only one degree of separation. lol :p
Hey, 68. You can visit me anytime at the Fine Mess tail gate ... I'm there 2 hours before every game with the family. Ask around and they'll point me out and we can hoist one.

IMO Dino is the best coach in the country. Accomplishing what he did last year after 3 years was simply outstanding. I don't know of any other coach who could've accomplished that.

Im convinced that we have in Dino the perfect coach for our program. Im not saying that he is the best college football coach but i truly believe he is the best football coach for Syracuse. Better than Dabo, Saben, Kelly. Yes in my opinion he is better for SU than any of them.
Why because his way, his offensive style, his ability to identify and nuture talent and most importantly his leadership qualities line up so well with SU that he is a perfect fit.
This guy has a plan and process that is tailor made for SU. That takes full advantage of our strengths as a program but more importantly shores up our weaknesses.
Dinos foundation is development. He doesn't have to rely on 4 and 5 star recruits. Instead he relies on superior talent evaluation based on being able to project the player in 2-3 years.
His strength and conditioning program is better than anything i have ever seen. There is a science to it that is structured on an individual basis based on position played and the individuals requirements. The noticeable improvement in our players is staggering. ED was sculpted into a beast. Ever player is bigger and faster. The development is Dinos secret sauce. He recruits speed size intelligence and leadership. He has to date brought in multiple classes of kids that by all accounts have had very few issues. He has taken on kids that have had issues at other schools and moulded them into solid teamates.
Dino is one heck of a leader. This guy gets it on every level. I truly believe that he is hands down the best coach for Syracuse. I wouldn't trade him for anyone.

tenor.gif

I watch post game press conferences because I want to hear what Dino has to say. Never watched a post game press conference before HCDB. I’ve never had a coach that I wanted to hear their opinion. He’s a leader and someone to emulate regardless of if you’re a student or an adult. It ALL starts there.

Last year was about making people believe. It happened & I’m amazed how quickly folks came back onboard. The hunger to return to being a winning program is there. Dino does a great job being aware of that and managing those expectations.

And the on the field product ... his eye for talent is insane. I really want to hear comments from casual college football fans when we stay consistently ranked this year. Where did Syracuse come from all of a sudden? - will be the refrain. And a sweet to the ears refrain at that.

Debbie Downer comment — when I think of this Fall I think about the Notre Dame game last year. In my head we’re ready for the playoffs but realistically we are not there yet. For some reason that just makes this ride Dino has us on all the sweeter.

What you'll hear is "he'll be leaving for the first team that pays him", "Syracuse won't be able to keep him", "SU is just a stepping stone. he'll leave and they'll be back in the gutters, along with Rutgers".

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom