Dino's Week 12 Notre Dame Press Conference | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 12 Notre Dame Press Conference

Syracuse Football‏
Dino: This is like a freebie. This is a nonconference game. I look at this game differently than a conference game.

Dino: Hoping to have both CBs Meliwonfu and Bradshaw on Saturday.

Dino: Looking for a weakness or chink in ND and they are extremely solid.

Dino: We're one injury away (at certain positions) from a floodgate. It's a typical November, and we don't have the depth they have.

Dino: ND is the nation's team. Marveled at how its fans always travel well.

Last edited:
Syracuse Football‏
Dino: This is like a freebie. This is a nonconference game. I look at this game differently than a conference game.

Dino: Hoping to have both CBs Meliwonfu and Bradshaw on Saturday.

Dino: Looking for a weakness or chink in ND and they are extremely solid.

Dino: We're one injury away (at certain positions) from a floodgate. It's a typical November, and we don't have the depth they have.

Dino: ND is the nation's team. Marveled at how its fans always travel well.

I wonder if any of the PC folk out there will say something about this reference? During the baseball playoffs last month, Ron Darling of TBS rather innocently made a comment along similar lines and got some crap for it.

I wonder if any of the PC folk out there will say something about this reference? During the baseball playoffs last month, Ron Darling of TBS rather innocently made a comment along similar lines and got some crap for it.

Chink = short version of “chink in the armor”
aka - a weakness of some sort.

Anybody who thinks it’s derogatory slang needs to keep up with their anti-PC meds. :rolleyes:

Chink = short version of “chink in the armor”
aka - a weakness of some sort.

Anybody who thinks it’s derogatory slang needs to keep up with their anti-PC meds. :rolleyes:

Oh, I know and agree. Just saying...due to the overly sensitive PC world we live in today. Darling used that same reference "chink in the armor" during a live broadcast last month and received some crap, where he actually had to apologize.

I think Ron Darling got in trouble because it was in reference to the Yankees pitcher Tanaka. Even though he surely wasn't trying to be racist.

I remember when Jeremy Lin first got famous with his run on the Knicks, ESPN had a terrible headline after they lost a game.

What Ron Darling and Dino said wasn't that.

I don't like the freebie mindset even though I understand where he is coming from... Saturday presents a huge opportunity... Looking for everyone to be emotionally invested..

I don't like the freebie mindset even though I understand where he is coming from... Saturday presents a huge opportunity... Looking for everyone to be emotionally invested..

Agree, dont like that comment one bit

I think that is typical Dino trying to downplay the game but he will be in rare form after the game with another classic locker room speech on Saturday night about Notre Dame thinking they can play a home game in our state. Whose State - Our State

Oh, I know and agree. Just saying...due to the overly sensitive PC world we live in today. Darling used that same reference "chink in the armor" during a live broadcast last month and received some crap, where he actually had to apologize.

Funny thing is that Ron Darling is 1/4 Chinese.

Anyone who thinks Dino is downplaying things from his comment hasn’t learned. This is not what he’s saying in the locker room and the “our state” speech will be epic..

Exactly. It's just idle press conference banter. They will be ready, may not be good enough to beat ND but they will be ready. I expect a close game. Still find baseball stadiums really weird venues for football games. Not a huge fan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom