Dino's Week 13 Pitt Press Conference | Syracusefan.com

Dino's Week 13 Pitt Press Conference

Syracuse Football ‏@syrfootball
Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1
.@minknate risked his life driving thru snow to bring you these upcoming Dino Babers news conference updates. Cherish them, ya'll

Dino reviewing FSU: calls Dalvin Cook "exceptional"

Dino: "we've got a room full of fighters."

Dino: top half of the ACC is filled with good linemen.

DB: Pitt OL is very good and it has strong running game. Can stop run with 7-man front.

DB: no update on Dungey. Mahoney will likely start.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers has no update on injured QB Eric Dungey. When will he get 2nd opinion? "I have not asked him."

DB: this program is trending up. Senior class wrote the introduction.

Dino: not focusing on 5-win bowl hopes. Motivation should be playing good game

Syracuse HC Dino Babers: "This has been my most challenging year." Transitions from option-based O/aggressive D have been extreme. Upbeat.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers still confident his program will excel by Games 4-6 next year. "Write it down," he said.

Last edited:
Syracuse Football ‏@CuseFootball
.@CoachBabersCuse highlights the kicking game as the brightest spot from this weekend. Also has high praise for FSU's performance.

"We've got some tremendous fighters in this locker room." - Coach Babers

Babers praises the Pitt O-line, run offense and defense. "Being able to run the ball and stop the run will always be a key to this game"

"50 percent who play this game end their career as a winner, 50 percent as a loser and we want to try to send the seniors off with a win"

CxzMmsKUoAA47k_.jpg

Last edited:
really pushing the fact that so many guys are here that dont fit the style that want to run..

fascinated by the continued 2nd year game 4-6 comments.. we all assume its an offense based comment but listening today its pretty clear its also a defense based comment.

I know we never will get the answer or at least not soon, but what is not clicking now, on defense its easy to see when bad plays happen but not so easy to tell the mental from the physical mistakes. on offense unless you are at the game you never no how many plays were left on the table. you can see the over throws we missed sat on TV (several) but there were another 7-8 where the ball did not go to that open guy for the big play.. I wonder if the ball would ever have gone there if a different read was made or will progressions never really get the ball to that guy anyway?

Add to that oline missed blocks/assignments, are QBs making the right read most of the time, are the WR running the correct checks in the routes, and are the RB going to the hole as they are supposed to..

game 4 next year. LSU?

360°, 180°, what's the difference? ;)

Great presser...certainly doesn't sound like a coach that is looking to leave.

HCDB fully appreciates how difficult it is to win in the ACC, especially on our side of the conference.

I honestly believe that with time, the offense will be just fine. But the defense is a disaster. It would be nice to have a top 30-40 defense. Contrary to many opinions here, exciting offense and zero defense will continue the record low attendance trend.

Great presser...certainly doesn't sound like a coach that is looking to leave.

HCDB fully appreciates how difficult it is to win in the ACC, especially on our side of the conference.

I honestly believe that with time, the offense will be just fine. But the defense is a disaster. It would be nice to have a top 30-40 defense. Contrary to many opinions here, exciting offense and zero defense will continue the record low attendance trend.

"Bend, don't break" isn't a good scheme.

Just an opinion, and it will be tested on Saturday; if we're playing mostly zone type defense on Saturday, Pitt will crush us.

Syracuse HC Dino Babers: "This has been my most challenging year." Transitions from option-based O/aggressive D have been extreme. Upbeat.

certain people will always believe these are just excuses, that it isnt' just plug and play, but if a basketball coach came in for Boeheim and made the team play man to man defense what would the results be?

Just an opinion, and it will be tested on Saturday; if we're playing mostly zone type defense on Saturday, Pitt will crush us.
Pitt will crush us period. Aggressive or zone, we will have a hard time with this game

I think we should be aggressive just like we were against FSU. I don't think Pitt will make some of the throws and catches that bailed FSU out a number of times.

Last edited:
It wouldn't be as brutal...
I call them how I see them. This is a very different team without Dungey. Steven being out hurts just as much as he was our best run stuffer IMO. I think Pitt is playing the best in the ACC right now

Last edited:
Wish we were on their side of the conference. That was a big break for them and made it tougher for us.

Wish we were on their side of the conference. That was a big break for them and made it tougher for us.

Made worse when Louisville replaced Maryland. They should have placed Louisville in the Coastal and moved Pitt to the Atlantic. Then again we can't beat Pitt and we are 1-6 vs the Coastal

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom