Dion and Fab | Syracusefan.com

Dion and Fab

realorange

Living Legend
Can we finally put to rest the fantasy of some that Dion and Fab are ready for the NBA? The worst part of todays game for both of them was the lack of effort. Fab getting schooled by a good but not great player and Dion posing and/or whining to the ref instead of getting back on defense. Terrible.:mad:

Very few players who declare early are "ready". It's all about potential.

Who ever said they were ready, they're going though. Unfortunately with many kids, the two subjects are unrelated.
Dion isn't going to make it.

Hard to believe but I think they have flip flopped. At the start of the season it looked like Dion was the most ready. Now it looks like Fab is the most ready.

Hard to believe but I think they have flip flopped. At the start of the season it looked like Dion was the most ready. Now it looks like Fab is the most ready.
You really believe that after the defensive show he put on today?:noidea:

Fab is a lock for the first round. Dion is a border-line first round pick. It is likely both are gone next year, as is. If one or both of them have a great performance in the tourney, their draft stock will rise significantly.

I don't think either are ready. They're gone, though. They're both potential lotto picks.

Fab will be an NBA guy because of his size. Not sure he'll ever have the game, but he should stick for some time.

I have no idea how Dion makes and sticks in the NBA. His dribble is pretty weak, he can't finish outside of breakaways, can't shoot very well and isn't overly big or quick. He'll kick around as a 9th-12th man for a bit, but I find it hard to believe his current game or what I see as potential in his game will last that long.

Can we stop going with isolations with him going left, please? Has he finished floating left, jumping off the wrong foot more than once or twice all year? Set him up to go right at least, or have Scoop run those isos...

I don't understand the compulsion to reply to these threads with some variation of "Who cares, they're leaving."

That doesn't have much to do with the original poster's point, which seems to be that Dion hasn't even been an above-average college player for a month and Fab - even in his better games - does half a dozen things that prompt the question "Is he six feet tall?"

Neither of these guys looks anything like a professional basketball player right now.

Dion hasn't been the same since he rolled his ankle versus Nova. I realize there is not a correlation but that seemed to turn his season around in a negative way. Dion needs to go inside more and THEN his outside shot will be there. He's no longer letting the game come to him; he's playing more like last year and that is not a good thing.

Dion hasn't been the same since he rolled his ankle versus Nova. I realize there is not correlation but that seemed to turn his season around in a negative way. Dion needs to go inside more and THEN his outside shot will be there. He's no longer letting the game come to him; he's playing more like last year and that is not a good thing.
If you look at his twitter he has every fan up his as* about how he's the best player in the BE and best guard in the country and a future NBA star. I would not be surprised if all this stuff is getting to his head.

Although after the game he did tweet this:
27-1 all I can do is smile... Bcuz I never been apart of a winning unselfish team like this.

Kind of ironic if you ask me...

I agree, jdubs... no doubt about it. He was big man on campus for a while too, I'm sure. He needs to get his head screwed on right; he has two or three weeks to get his mojo back and be the player we need him to be. He could be a difference maker in the tourney for us.

If you look at his twitter he has every fan up his as* about how he's the best player in the BE and best guard in the country and a future NBA star. I would not be surprised if all this stuff is getting to his head.

some of that i am sure. posters here said the same thing. people had him believing it no doubt. but also, his game started changing once teams figured out to play off him and make him shoot the J. a lot of team have gone zone when he comes in.

Great points, bees...But a zone shouldn't bother Dion. He should have the quickness and strength to drive the gaps. Go inside to get his outside shot going again.

Dion hasn't been the same since he rolled his ankle versus Nova. I realize there is not correlation but that seemed to turn his season around in a negative way. Dion needs to go inside more and THEN his outside shot will be there. He's no longer letting the game come to him; he's playing more like last year and that is not a good thing.

I think you're right (and I'd forgotten about that incident, which looked pretty bad when it happened).

He had a pretty good game against Pittsburgh the next week (4/9, but six free throws and 16 points), but the Villanova game seems to be the point after which his positive contributions dropped off. And when you think about his greatest weakness (other than the decision-making, which wasn't the best before he got hurt), it's his current inability to finish - something that could directly result from a bad leg.

Hopefully he's able to adjust. Maybe the longer layoffs in the next two weeks will help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom