Dion best 1 on 1 player | Syracusefan.com

Dion best 1 on 1 player

albanycuse

Dion Waiters
Since carmelo, able to take you off the dribble, create space to shoot over you or drive for a dunk. Opinions?

you mean at Syracuse? Probably between him and Devo, who wasn't a dunker, but could drive from the perimeter as well as Dion and was a much better shooter

I love dions game, but prior to Devo's injury I think he was more well rounded offensively like moqui said.

Devo's driving ability was incredible, and he was a better shooter. All around, Dion is better.

that's for sure . . . Dion can only dream of shooting 40% from three and 80% from the line ;)
Haha, scary part dion hasnt reached his ceiling and has an ever improving shot and was solid at the line.

Haha, scary part dion hasnt reached his ceiling and has an ever improving shot and was solid at the line.
the distance and the defenders are both about to get much longer

the distance and the defenders are both about to get much longer
His shot improved ten fold over one year and showed nba range, dion can take anyone off the dribble nba, college , or olympics.

His shot improved ten fold over one year and showed nba range, dion can take anyone off the dribble nba, college , or olympics.

Igor couldn't have said it better.

at first I was surprised it took you so long to make the obvious response, then I realized you are typing with one hand
Oh man, this thread has so much upside.

at first I was surprised it took you so long to make the obvious response, then I realized you are typing with one hand
Hahaha im on my phone typing with one hand.

None of the haters will even budge my opinion on Dion. The kid is a golden stud. Time will tell, history will agree.
I've yet to see an actual hater, just some people with reasonable concerns who aren't buying into the ever-growing mythology surrounding Dion.

I've yet to see an actual hater, just some people with reasonable concerns who aren't buying into the ever-growing mythology surrounding Dion.
exactly . . . rather than sticking him on a bad team in a dying city, I was lobbying for a deal that would make him a significant contributor on the defending Western Conference Champions because I think that is the kind of situation in which he can excel . . . and that makes me a "hater?"

you mean at Syracuse? Probably between him and Devo, who wasn't a dunker, but could drive from the perimeter as well as Dion and was a much better shooter

I love Devo, but he mostly got to the rim against weaker competition. He'd look unstoppable getting to the bucket against Seton Hall and Rutgers, but against more athletic defenders on Pitt and UConn he was most dangerous as a jump shooter. I think Dion and Johnny Flynn were on another level in terms of ability to take their man off the dribble, because they could do it against anyone. Devo was a great shooter though, so I agree that the diversity of his skill set was tremendous.

exactly . . . rather than sticking him on a bad team in a dying city, I was lobbying for a deal that would make him a significant contributor on the defending Western Conference Champions because I think that is the kind of situation in which he can excel . . . and that makes me a "hater?"

Yes, apparently that qualifies you as a "hater." Yet the people that get on this board and predict that every rival Big East player will be a bust in the NBA, or make ridiculous statements about the mental toughness of some of our own players are not haters. Got that?

One of the worst refed games in cuse history.

I listened to Dion's presser today in Cleveland. One of the reporters apologized to him that the only time he's ever seen Dion play live was the OSU game when he was in foul trouble. Dion replied along the lines "I don't want to blame the refs for that game. That's not what I do... but we couldn't get a call!"

On a side note, I'm a little upset that Cleveland fans though of the nickname D-Wait before our fanbase did.

Funny how I didn't mention a single name, yet people pounce to defend themselves as if I had. You are not the center of the universe, and if you still cant find "haters" here or elsewhere, you really don't know how to look.

Funny how I didn't mention a single name, yet people pounce to defend themselves as if I had. You are not the center of the universe, and if you are still cant find "haters" here or elsewhere, you really don't know how to look.

it's a given that you don't have the sack to name names, so some detective work is required, and just who else in this thread was being critical?

I love Devo, but he mostly got to the rim against weaker competition. He'd look unstoppable getting to the bucket against Seton Hall and Rutgers, but against more athletic defenders on Pitt and UConn he was most dangerous as a jump shooter. I think Dion and Johnny Flynn were on another level in terms of ability to take their man off the dribble, because they could do it against anyone. Devo was a great shooter though, so I agree that the diversity of his skill set was tremendous.

Welcome mr football side poster.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom