Dion best 1 on 1 player | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dion best 1 on 1 player

Funny how I didn't mention a single name, yet people pounce to defend themselves as if I had. You are not the center of the universe, and if you are still cant find "haters" here or elsewhere, you really don't know how to look.

If you are responding to someone in this thread (and you seem to be), try responding directly by quoting their post. The cryptic post thing gets a little confusing, unless that's really your intent.

If 1-on-1 means the ability to get your shot off and score while single-teamed, I'm voting for Hakim Warrick over Dion every day of the week.

T
If 1-on-1 means the ability to get your shot off and score while single-teamed, I'm voting for Hakim Warrick over Dion every day of the week.

To get your shot off in 1 in 1 you have to have a great handle. Dion would crush
Hak. It's not even close. Hak was great around the basket but I don't recall him breaking his man down 20 feet out.

exactly . . . rather than sticking him on a bad team in a dying city, I was lobbying for a deal that would make him a significant contributor on the defending Western Conference Champions because I think that is the kind of situation in which he can excel . . . and that makes me a "hater?"

doesnt make you a hater in this thread, but you dont think youve been a dion hater the last couple years? pretty sure you wanted him off the team this time last year. pretty sure you didnt think he'd last in the nba (which remains to be seen, but youve certainly changed your tune recently, now saying he can "excel" in the right situation). pretty sure you laughed at him being a lottery pick, much less the #4 pick. didnt you say he'll be a 2nd rounder? pretty sure you doubted dion's committment to the team and his attitude even halfway through this past season. i remember calling you out in january (i think after the nova game) where i asked you something like is it ok to cheer for dion and give him our full support now or do we still gotta worry about him up. pretty sure you said lets wait to see how he responds after some bad games. even in this thread youre making subtle jabs at him like the ohio st game. and pretty sure it was you (or maybe bees) who kept harping on his "antics" on the court after he would score.

dion could win rookie of the year and moqui will say something like "great year for dion but ill be surprised if he doesnt hit a sophmore slump"

doesnt make you a hater in this thread, but you dont think youve been a dion hater the last couple years? pretty sure you wanted him off the team this time last year. pretty sure you didnt think he'd last in the nba (which remains to be seen, but youve certainly changed your tune recently, now saying he can "excel" in the right situation). pretty sure you laughed at him being a lottery pick, much less the #4 pick. didnt you say he'll be a 2nd rounder? pretty sure you doubted dion's committment to the team and his attitude even halfway through this past season. i remember calling you out in january (i think after the nova game) where i asked you something like is it ok to cheer for dion and give him our full support now or do we still gotta worry about him up. pretty sure you said lets wait to see how he responds after some bad games. even in this thread youre making subtle jabs at him like the ohio st game. and pretty sure it was you (or maybe bees) who kept harping on his "antics" on the court after he would score.

dion could win rookie of the year and moqui will say something like "great year for dion but ill be surprised if he doesnt hit a sophmore slump"
Haha spot on, some backtracking by moqui no doubt.

oh, no doubt - I think he is one of the most unlikeable characters to come through the program, and that is saying a lot.

yes, I did want him off the team last year. yes, I did harbor doubts about him most of the season. I don't hide from any of that - nor from anything that I write. but I also give credit where it is due and admit that I was wrong about him this year.

I may have said prior to midway through this season that I didn't think he'd last in the NBA, but of course I've changed my tune - when the facts change, so does my opinion. and of course I want him to do well - I want everyone in Orange to do well, but I won't pretend that anyone is better than what I actually see, and I will voice my doubts whenever I have them

I post on this board to give my analysis of things as I see them, not as how I - or you, or anyone else -want them to be.

oh, no doubt - I think he is one of the most unlikeable characters to come through the program, and that is saying a lot.

yes, I did want him off the team last year. yes, I did harbor doubts about him most of the season. I don't hide from any of that - nor from anything that I write. but I also give credit where it is due and admit that I was wrong about him this year.

I may have said prior to midway through this season that I didn't think he'd last in the NBA, but of course I've changed my tune - when the facts change, so does my opinion. and of course I want him to do well - I want everyone in Orange to do well, but I won't pretend that anyone is better than what I actually see, and I will voice my doubts whenever I have them

I post on this board to give my analysis of things as I see them, not as how I - or you, or anyone else -want them to be.
Why do you always feel compelled to play devils advocate? This is the reason why you get into these disagreements. You play that game, others will play it with you. Once in a while is fine, all the time it gets really annoying. When somebody disagrees with you, you go all Shirley Temple on them. It could just never be little old moqui that would say that. It seems you have more doubts than anything else.

Not to defend Moqui, but lots of us had questions about Dion's attitude his freshman year. But his attitude this year, along with his play, was outstanding. He made an amazing turnaround, and became much more of a player than some of us thought capable. Let's enjoy that fact instead of beating on each other.

Yeah, I know - and I actually have had more to drink tonight than I did last night when I got all fired up. That happens when you get stuck in the Denver airport for 7 hours.

doesnt make you a hater in this thread, but you dont think youve been a dion hater the last couple years? pretty sure you wanted him off the team this time last year.

Per Tim Welsh's anecdote about the 2011 Final Four, I guess that makes Jim Boeheim a "hater," too.

Per Tim Welsh's anecdote about the 2011 Final Four, I guess that makes Jim Boeheim a "hater," too.

The revisionist historians have removed Welsh's comments from the narrative, along with most of the unpleasant facts surrounding Dion's freshman year. We are now to believe Dion was merely a misunderstood innocent that season.

I'm pretty much with Moqui on Dion. I'm inclined to think he will have a JF like career.

I'm pretty much with Moqui on Dion. I'm inclined to think he will have a JF like career.
totally different players and dion brings more to the table. but youre entitled to your opinion.

I'm expecting the rats to scatter if and WHEN Dion becomes one of the better players in this years draft. Not calling the doubters rats just using the expression.

I think we are all chomping at the bit to have another Cuse guy leave a mark in the NBA. I don't think Dion will be a great NBA player, but it doesn't mean I'm not rooting like hell for him. It's great for recruiting if he becomes the next D Wade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom