Dion Cle vs Chi | Syracusefan.com

Dion Cle vs Chi

SteveC

Starter
Dion has been on fire. i think he has 15 points. However, when asked what school he was from color commentary guy (chicago's) says "i don't know...umm oklahoma?"

He looked confident shooting in the highlights. Finished 4 of 4 from 3. 18 points and 8 assists.

Knowing Dion, he's going to try to steal the spotlight from Irving long-term.

Don't worry about the ann0uncers not knowing what school he went to. Dion will let everyone know that he went to Cuse...

He looked confident shooting in the highlights. Finished 4 of 4 from 3. 18 points and 8 assists.

18 points and 3 assists.

But yeah, I mean, if Waiters is knocking down 3's, he's going to kill you.

I just don't think he's going to be very reliable in that regards but we'll see. It would be nice to have someone from Syracuse make some noise in the NBA not named Carmelo.

I think that Dion and Irving are going to get along just fine.

we wasted his talent at SU.
Dion wasted his freshman year with his piss poor attitude and approach to the game. He took advantage of the second chance JB gave him, had a great season for an Elite Eight team and wound up exceeding all expectations in terms of where he was drafted. Explain how his talent was wasted here.

Dion had some real bad games midseason last year. We had to depend on KJO, Scoop and Triche to win a few games without Dion, Fair and Melo.
He really picked it up at the end of the year though.

Dion had some real bad games midseason last year. We had to depend on KJO, Scoop and Triche to win a few games without Dion, Fair and Melo.
He really picked it up at the end of the year though.

Basically every game after Fab's suspension but before the Big East Tournament. I think he shot like 55% if you take that stretch out, but he shot around 35% during that stretch.

That brings a interesting thought on Dion, and offensive team chemistry in march without FAB. Just for note I felt Dion and Fair did better in march without Fab then in Feb.

Scored all of his points on long jumpers. He was on fire. He got packed on his drives to the rim but hit everything he took outside of 15 feet. Hopefully he can be a consistent shooter.

Dion wasted his freshman year with his piss poor attitude and approach to the game. He took advantage of the second chance JB gave him, had a great season for an Elite Eight team and wound up exceeding all expectations in terms of where he was drafted. Explain how his talent was wasted here.

for the few people on this board who actually understand this game, dion didnt exceed expectations. we knew how good he was on day 1.

his talent was wasted because over his career he didnt play nearly enough. whats done is done and i am happy that he was overcome his treatment here, but he was a 37 min a guy under the JB doctrine of playing your best players. a lot. we wasted his talent.

for the few people on this board who actually understand this game, dion didnt exceed expectations. we knew how good he was on day 1.

his talent was wasted because over his career he didnt play nearly enough. whats done is done and i am happy that he was overcome his treatment here, but he was a 37 min a guy under the JB doctrine of playing your best players. a lot. we wasted his talent.

I agree with you talent wise, but the kid from his admission was not coach-able or mature enough to handle the responsibility. So the only way to teach him how to be a professional was to control the only thing that mattered his minutes! We won a load of games he played more minute than the started ahead of him and he the 4th pick in the draft. At the end of the day the results of how JB handled the situation cannot be questioned.

Yeah we wasted his talent...

from the field his sophmore year.
His chemistry without Fab...
@ ND 28%
@cincy 20%
against WVU 20%
eventually OSU 20%

thets add later games of
Gtown at home 25%
@ Ville 30%
@rutgers 28%
@ uconn 27%
Against OSU 20% not playing him enough is the reason we lost. :crazy:

Dont get me wrong I love Dion and he has NBA all star potential. But, he didn't shoot low percentages because of lack of minutes and had a real nice supporting scoring cast.

My point was his ultimate draft position (4th) exceeded expectations. Few, if any, of even his biggest supporters were claiming he had that kind of potential before his freshman year, and certainly no one was predicting that outcome entering his sophomore season.

You seem to be suggesting Boeheim wasted his talent and somehow mistreated him, which is ludicrous. Boeheim nurtured his talent and helped the kid realize his potential and his NBA dream (now the rest is up to Dion, of course). Had Dion transferred after his freshman year or declared for the draft, how do imagine things might have turned out? Do you think he somehow would have sailed into the NBA as a high draft pick with a lucrative guaranteed contract?

Basically every game after Fab's suspension but before the Big East Tournament. I think he shot like 55% if you take that stretch out, but he shot around 35% during that stretch.

Yeah, it was a long stretch. He pretty much gave up on getting to the rim in the half-court, instead settling for floaters and jumpers.

Yeah we wasted his talent...

from the field his sophmore year.
His chemistry without Fab...
@ ND 28%
@cincy 20%
against WVU 20%
eventually OSU 20%

thets add later games of
Gtown at home 25%
@ Ville 30%
@rutgers 28%
@ uconn 27%
Against OSU 20% not playing him enough is the reason we lost. :crazy:

Dont get me wrong I love Dion and he has NBA all star potential. But, he didn't shoot low percentages because of lack of minutes and had a real nice supporting scoring cast.

Exactly. He has a world of potential, but people fell in love with him because he was hot at the right moments in the year (the first 10 or so games when Syracuse gained all its hype, and then the Big East Tourny/NCAA Tourny). He was actually pretty bad offensively for probably around half the games last year, and while he racked up steals, he also got beat defensively a ton.

But you watch his highlights and he looks like a monster, and you can see he has a lot of potential, so a team like Cleveland is willing to take a chance on him.

Yeah, it was a long stretch. He pretty much gave up on getting to the rim in the half-court, instead settling for floaters and jumpers.

I tried to tell all my friends on campus that exact thing last year. I don't know what happened but he suddenly began settling for jumpers, and most of them were contested jumpers at that.

Waiters being Waiters in the pre-season now. Got hot and went 4-4 from 3 in that game that the original post was about. Next game goes 2/9 with 4 points and 1 assist. If he can ever find consistency with his jumper (which I question because his mechanics aren't really very good), he can be a great player, but I don't really expect him to be a Rookie of the Year candidate this year like some others do.

I tried to tell all my friends on campus that exact thing last year. I don't know what happened but he suddenly began settling for jumpers, and most of them were contested jumpers at that.

Waiters being Waiters in the pre-season now. Got hot and went 4-4 from 3 in that game that the original post was about. Next game goes 2/9 with 4 points and 1 assist. If he can ever find consistency with his jumper (which I question because his mechanics aren't really very good), he can be a great player, but I don't really expect him to be a Rookie of the Year candidate this year like some others do.

It's possible that Dion (again) put himself into a good situation - he got fat and (to some extent) got into the coach's doghouse. Maybe that'll provide the motivation to work hard and be successful. Shame that that motivation isn't coming from within, but I'll be happy for him if he stays focused and plays efficiently.

I wonder if people understand how shooting percentage works. Every basketball player who has ever lived is hot and cold from the field some just more than others. 4/4 and 2/9 is 6/13 which is 46% and will win ROY in fact 42% will probably do it. You can pick out 8 bad shooting games out of 37 from any player who ever played. He shot 43.6% in big east play so the highs were highers than the lows.

Stan's post is not about Dion, it's about Triche
Yes, I could feel the undercurrents. I do hope Tristy can control himself so he can "remain eligible"...

My point was his ultimate draft position (4th) exceeded expectations.

Not mine. From day 1 I said dion was a star.

As to your comment regarding transferring, dion would have made the NBA no matter where he played. He is a great player whose role on this team wasted his massive talent.

As for the stupid comments regarding triche, he is a role player at this level who should have a nice little senior campaign. JB gambled and it paid off.

No big deal in the end as NBA scouts know what they are doing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom