Dion says no no no | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dion says no no no

Not sure anyone is saying he's a bad seed, but he could wait a week after Lebron signs to even hint at the possibility that he deserves to be a starter next year. He's just been handed a great opportunity and if he handles it well, he'll have a chance to win a title and to still cash in when his rookie deal is up.

Not sure anyone is saying he's a bad seed, but he could wait a week after Lebron signs to even hint at the possibility that he deserves to be a starter next year. He's just been handed a great opportunity and if he handles it well, he'll have a chance to win a title and to still cash in when his rookie deal is up.

So... the timing of him making the one word tweet is what is upsetting people? If he'd made that same one word tweet next week, it would be a non-issue?

I think that people parse social media too much, that's all I'm saying.

His sophomore year should have debunked the vast majority of those questions. And to the best of my knowledge, he hasn't had any major issues at the professional level [I'm fully aware of what was speculated about last year in the players' only behind closed doors meeting--heaven forbid that he doesn't show full blown adult level maturity in what should be his senior season of college]. He's also been an outspoken, vociferous supporter of the SU program. But hey--let's not let that get in the way of some false attributions about what a bad seed he must be because he believes in himself and wants to start.
. He has been perceived, correctly or incorrectly, to have had issues with teammates as a frosh at su and in at least one of his 2 pro seasons. Maybe that stuff has all been made up, or he is the victim, how would i know. All i(and everyone in this thread) is saying is that he should embrace his opportunity, be positive, and concentrate on his play.

. He has been perceived, correctly or incorrectly, to have had issues with teammates as a frosh at su and in at least one of his 2 pro seasons. Maybe that stuff has all been made up, or he is the victim, how would i know. All i(and everyone in this thread) is saying is that he should embrace his opportunity, be positive, and concentrate on his play.

Instead of viewing it through a negative lens, that one word tweet could just as easily be interpreted as he believes in himself, is confident and working hard, and is going to do whatever it takes to seize the opportunity and earn the starting job. For the record, I'm not advocating one interpretation over the other, it is all a matter of perspective--which is why it is doesn't make a lot of sense to attribute too much meaning to a one word tweet. It's not like he's not grousing or publicly airing his grievances through the media--he answered a twitter question with a one word response.

Last edited:
Instead of viewing it through a negative lens, that one word tweet could just as easily be interpreted as he believes in himself, is confident and working hard, and is going to do whatever it takes to seize the opportunity and earn the starting job. For the record, I'm not advocating one interpretation over the other, it is all a matter of perspective--which is why it is doesn't make a lot of sense to attribute too much meaning to a one word tweet.
True. Maybe it just means that he has every intention of competing for his spot and isn't conceding a damn thing to wiggins. If that is the case awesome I love it. I just see a league where Avery Bradley and Trevor Ariza, neither of whom have a fraction of dions talent, get 32 mil contracts, and I would hate to see him blow it because he is perceived as headstrong or uncoachable. The end.

True. Maybe it just means that he has every intention of competing for his spot and isn't conceding a damn thing to wiggins. If that is the case awesome I love it. I just see a league where Avery Bradley and Trevor Ariza, neither of whom have a fraction of dions talent, get 32 mil contracts, and I would hate to see him blow it because he is perceived as headstrong or uncoachable. The end.

Rightly or wrongly there's a growing perception in the league about Dion. Last year's "fight w/ Kyrie" incident/non-incident, which was quickly debunked, being a perfect example. Both players denied the situation yet it was carried by the media far & wide, along w/ that NFL neighbor of Dion's making his comments.
So, it stands to reason that as FANS of SU/Dion, we'd hope he'd lay low, one-word tweets notwithstanding, and simply fade into the background...at least for the time being.
Being labelled or perceived as a malcontent is not a good look for Dion- and unfortunately, that process has seemingly already begun. Maybe his make-up is such that he simply has no filter- and that may well come in time w/ maturity. But wanting and hoping he doesn't give "the forces that be" ammunition by his uttering some throw-away tweet or comment, is not that unusual, IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom