Dion Waiters with the best night of his career | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters with the best night of his career

I think he is starting to get it. He is shooting less 3s and getting to the line more. Still have a long way to go on defense though.

"I thought he played great,'' Cavs coach Byron Scott said of Waiters. "He scored, made some great decisions offensively. He didn't turn the ball over. He did some real good things offensively, did some good things defensively. Had a couple of breakdowns on the defensive end, but other than that I thought he played well.''

I love the constructive criticism Dion gets (sincerely) in his game, because if those lofty expectations are ever met, he's basically become an elite player. There was a time even Michael Jordan, while scoring over 50 every other game, would still allow just as many points on defense, it seemed. And we're talking about a Cavalier who would be a junior in college still.

The best is his man during the following play. "Who am I?" "Where am I?" "Where's my man?" Oh forget it, let me just stick my left hand up awkwardly.

i

courtesy of Getty Images, ESPN

Scott moved him into the sixth man role at the start of the new year, and Dion has been thriving there. He has been building to last night's performance for a couple of weeks. Good for him.

Dion is just a big ball of fast twitch muscles. He's like a mini Lebron James. Both have extraordinary physical gifts in terms of strength and speed.

Scott moved him into the sixth man role at the start of the new year, and Dion has been thriving there. He has been building to last night's performance for a couple of weeks. Good for him.

Exactly. He was awesome last night. Varejao being out so long already this season really kills them. If they can get a better SF and a starting 2G, (CJ Miles sucks) maybe Ben Mclemore from Kansas if he comes out, then they will really improve next season. Looks like Dion being a 6th man is working the best like you say. On another note, I was watching Cousins last night. When he is focused and not being a punk/crybaby, the guy can be SO good. Really skilled player.

Exactly. He was awesome last night. Varejao being out so long already this season really kills them. If they can get a better SF and a starting 2G, (CJ Miles sucks) maybe Ben Mclemore from Kansas if he comes out, then they will really improve next season. Looks like Dion being a 6th man is working the best like you say. On another note, I was watching Cousins last night. When he is focused and not being a punk/crybaby, the guy can be SO good. Really skilled player.

The thing is Dion hates coming off of the bench and has been quite open about it. I think Varejao being out has helped Dion's game a little because it opens up the lane, but of course that is not good for the team overall. The Cavs need a knock down shooter in the worst way...among other things.

The thing is Dion hates coming off of the bench and has been quite open about it. I think Varejao being out has helped Dion's game a little because it opens up the lane, but of course that is not good for the team overall. The Cavs need a knock down shooter in the worst way...among other things.

He's the second leading scorer on the Cavaliers and they have him coming off the bench. The JB ogre is following him. As others have stated, he's doing well now, which further seals his fate.

He's the second leading scorer on the Cavaliers and they have him coming off the bench. The JB ogre is following him. As others have stated, he's doing well now, which further seals his fate.

Hopefully he follows the path of James Harden and uses the 6th man role as a spring board.

McLemore is a 6'3-6'4 SG, I'd highly doubt they'd go with a 3 guard lineup with him, Dion and Irving considering how big some of SF's are in the NBA. But I wouldn't be surprised if they go BPA.

Dion is just a big ball of fast twitch muscles. He's like a mini Lebron James. Both have extraordinary physical gifts in terms of strength and speed.

Eeeesh, not sure I put Dion's physical gifts in that category. Maybe a poorer mans Dwayne Wade, with regard to speed/explosion?

Eeeesh, not sure I put Dion's physical gifts in that category. Maybe a poorer mans Dwayne Wade, with regard to speed/explosion?

No one should be in Lebron's category, he is a human freak of nature.

McLemore is a 6'3-6'4 SG, I'd highly doubt they'd go with a 3 guard lineup with him, Dion and Irving considering how big some of SF's are in the NBA. But I wouldn't be surprised if they go BPA.

I hear ya but it will be interesting to see how he measures out. If he is close enough to his listed 6'5 then who knows. Dion and Irving are becoming interchangeable at PG/SG. He was handling the ball just as much as Kyrie in the 4Q last game. They also need a scoring SF and a better bench badly, though.

I think most people here know that Dion is one of the worst interviews in sports, but I think he is trying in that regard as well. By the way I fine them amusing but I understand the criticism.
Link

Dion being a career amazing 6th man is a pretty damn good career. That seems to work incredibly with him, so keep rolling with it.

I think most people here know that Dion is one of the worst interviews in sports, but I think he is trying in that regard as well. By the way I fine them amusing but I understand the criticism.
Link

It took our guy Melo about 7 years to understand how to be media savvy... dion will learn. dont piss off guys who buy ink in bulk.

It took our guy Melo about 7 years to understand how to be media savvy... dion will learn. dont piss off guys who buy ink in bulk.

He doesn't piss them as much as he just doesn't give more than a 1 or 2 word answer. It hard to write a story around 1 or 2 answers especially when half of them are yeah and the other half are naw...followed by "I just do what I do"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom