Dion Waiters with the best night of his career | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dion Waiters with the best night of his career

Dion and Kyrie rarely have a good game in the same game. But when Kyrie isn't shooting well he gets up more than 9 shots. BTW it wasn't a back to back.

I actually watched this last game and as far as being the sixth man, maybe he stays in that role but they mentioned that he is just being used as a sixth man because he is coming back from injury, I think and hope he will get back into the starting role but if its a better career move for him to stay sixth man, so be it. His biggest issue is definately getting in better shape and finishing around the basket. He can get to the basket at will but he hasn't learned how to finish when he gets there. In his 33 point game he was finishing and became unguardable, last night he missed a few by the bucket and wasn't getting calls and he was invisible most the game.

I also think it is partially being in Scott's dog house (the coming off the bench). But I'm not buying the out of condition thing. Scott is known as workout nut (reportedly he can still dunk a ball and he is in his 50s) so he doesn't think anyone is in a good enough shape ever. I think the game is still a little too fast for Dion (especially on defense) in college he played made 6-8 games a year where the bigs at the rim were NBA athletes (size/speed/strength) now finishing at the rim is harder. See Jonny Flynn he got knocked on his a$$ trying to finish at the rim and has never been the same.

That Sacramento game really looks like nothing more than an outlier in his game logs...

I watched last night too. He short armed some layups and left them short. I dunno, his athleticism and shape looks good to me. Like a poor man's Wade and not like a mini-LeBron like somebody foolishly mentioned on here the other day after his 33 pointer. There was lots of commotion around the basket on those drives and it was a physical game. Aldridge and the big Brit were both in the game I think. I think he was worried about the contact on those drives. IMO, he was a sulking a bit too much last game and perhaps that's why he wasn't on the floor at the end of the game. He just seemed a bit checked out yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CB277777

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom