Dion with 28 points in 32 minutes last night. | Syracusefan.com

Dion with 28 points in 32 minutes last night.

seems to me he should be more than plus 3 scoring 28

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

seems to me he should be more than plus 3 scoring 28

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2
I was going to mention that as I am a big believer in the +/- rating and as he played 67% of the teams minutes, his +/- should have been five. He was close enough and team won by seven on the road. That's really the only important stat.

xlarge.jpg

7 for 11 from three point range and 10-17 overall. Cavs win by seven on the road against the Clips. Very nice Dion. Way to earn your rep.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/boxscore?gid=2012110512
Shocked he is shooting this well from the NBA 3 line. Never thought he was a great shooter. He could get hot like he did against Cincy in the BET last year, but never felt like he was a shooter. With his ability to get to the rim, if he can consistently shoot it well, he will be a load to deal with

Just surfed through the cavs fanboards ... whooooooole lot of crow being served in that forum. I'll say it again for the umteenth time. NBA all-star by his 4th year.

Shocked he is shooting this well from the NBA 3 line. Never thought he was a great shooter. He could get hot like he did against Cincy in the BET last year, but never felt like he was a shooter. With his ability to get to the rim, if he can consistently shoot it well, he will be a load to deal with

This. Hopefully he can get his shot to the point where he can consistently knock them down, but this is nothing new. He's more than capable of getting hot. Hopefully we see more of this and less of the last last two games.

Not to get ahead of ourselves ... but as we all know, Dion is one of those fan-favorite type of guys. A human highlight reel with an infectious smile & attitude... if he keeps playing like this we could see a smaller version of the Melo-effect on recruiting, with younger players wanting to take the same path. Dion just has "it", the x-factor that resonates on the big stage. And damn that kid is clutch, gonna miss that swag big time this year.

and he came off the bench at Syracuse playing behind Triche and Scoop - lolololololololol

When Dion hit the three and got the foul late in the game, the best comment on fearthesword.com was "Table for 4, please"

His success as a sixth man did wonders for programs all over the country. There are coaches using him as an object lesson to that "guy who thinks he should start." This plays well with Southerland here as well.

His success as a sixth man did wonders for programs all over the country. There are coaches using him as an object lesson to that "guy who thinks he should start." This plays well with Southerland here as well.

It's just amazing in how many subtle ways Jim Boeheim has impacted college athletics. The guy blazes his own path and sets the course for EVERYONE else in the country. Unreal.. he doesn't get enough credit for thinking outside the box.

Dion just goes to show how little many of us really know about big-time college hoops and how it relates to the NBA.

Last year, despite JB's comment about Dion being the best off guard he's had, I still said there's no way a 6"2" shooting guard that cannot shoot can be a first rounder...he goes three.

I've has some others like that, including when Terr Roberts was a frosh, the first few games, I turned to my buddy and said "we'll run our offense through him this year and he's gone after his soph year." Four years later, I thought he was "less skilled" than the first few games, from what I remembered, four years before...but battled hard every night.

I also predicted Billy E would be our all time leading scorer, surpassing 2000 pts and nearing 1000 assists...boy was I off.

Dion just goes to show how little many of us really know about big-time college hoops and how it relates to the NBA.

Last year, despite JB's comment about Dion being the best off guard he's had, I still said there's no way a 6"2" shooting guard that cannot shoot can be a first rounder...he goes three.

I've has some others like that, including when Terr Roberts was a frosh, the first few games, I turned to my buddy and said "we'll run our offense through him this year and he's gone after his soph year." Four years later, I thought he was "less skilled" than the first few games, from what I remembered, four years before...but battled hard every night.

I also predicted Billy E would be our all time leading scorer, surpassing 2000 pts and nearing 1000 assists...boy was I off.

Don't feel bad. Even 15-20 NBA GM's get their first round pick wrong each year.

Billy Edelin would have been a star, dude. Life got in the way. He was a heck of a college player. Had his college career gone differently, he would have been a Deron Williams-type player in the NBA.

The concern with Dion will be hot and cold streaks with his jump shot. He hasn't proven he can finish inside in the league yet and is settling for all jump shots (that is what the defense is giving him). I'm interested to see his progression and hope he doesn't fall in love with the 3 ball.

Hoops World is out with it's first rookie rankings

Guess who's first, second & third

Click

How did you do?

The concern with Dion will be hot and cold streaks with his jump shot. He hasn't proven he can finish inside in the league yet and is settling for all jump shots (that is what the defense is giving him). I'm interested to see his progression and hope he doesn't fall in love with the 3 ball.

playing with Kyre is going to lead to a lot of jump shots because he is off the ball, but he played a little point yesterday and ran pick and role so his opportunities will come. And making his jumper is huge though because the defense will force him to make it. It is why Jonny is out the league and why John Wall is next.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom