Dion with 28 points in 32 minutes last night. | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Dion with 28 points in 32 minutes last night.

Yikes, 10-for 17 - 28 tp, and 7 of 11 3pt. shots, with only 1 T/O, in 32 minutes. And almost all those points were off made baskets. I'd say his shot might be coming around, lol.

Dion has always been a streaky jump shooter. It is good to see him hitting from NBA range, but his ability to drive and score will be what determines whether he's a star or average.

Dion just goes to show how little many of us really know about big-time college hoops and how it relates to the NBA.

Last year, despite JB's comment about Dion being the best off guard he's had, I still said there's no way a 6"2" shooting guard that cannot shoot can be a first rounder...he goes three.

I've has some others like that, including when Terr Roberts was a frosh, the first few games, I turned to my buddy and said "we'll run our offense through him this year and he's gone after his soph year." Four years later, I thought he was "less skilled" than the first few games, from what I remembered, four years before...but battled hard every night.

I also predicted Billy E would be our all time leading scorer, surpassing 2000 pts and nearing 1000 assists...boy was I off.

For the record, Dion is 6'4 in shoes, which is basically how all players are measured in the NBA. (6'2 1/2 without)

playing with Kyre is going to lead to a lot of jump shots because he is off the ball, but he played a little point yesterday and ran pick and role so his opportunities will come. And making his jumper is huge though because the defense will force him to make it. It is why Jonny is out the league and why John Wall is next.
Tell me you aren't seriously comparing Flynn to Wall and suggesting they will have a similar fate, are you?

Tell me you aren't seriously comparing Flynn to Wall and suggesting they will have a similar fate, are you?

John Wall is an NBA bust I have seen 3 of his games in person his jump shot is laughable!

John Wall is an NBA bust I have seen 3 of his games in person his jump shot is laughable!

He never could shoot but he does everything else you could want from a point guard. He's big, fast, gets to the rim, distributes, rebounds and defends. He'll have a long NBA career.

Wall isn't going anywhere. Will be in the NBA for another 10 years..
At least 10 years. He just turned 22. How many NBA teams do you figure would take him in a heartbeat? 27 or 28?

He never could shoot but he does everything else you could want from a point guard. He's big, fast, gets to the rim, distributes, rebounds and defends. He'll have a long NBA career.

I disagree. He is big and fast, average passer, doesn't rebound on the NBA level, not a good NBA defender and does get to the rim in the half court because he can't shoot so everyone sags off of him. Bledsoe can play he will have the 10year career not Wall.

I disagree. He is big and fast, average passer, doesn't rebound on the NBA level, not a good NBA defender and does get to the rim in the half court because he can't shoot so everyone sags off of him. Bledsoe can play he will have the 10year career not Wall.

Both guys will play for a long time.

Wall is a pretty solid rebounding point guard, fairly close to the top 10 among full time ish PG. (Bledsoe, btw, was #2 last year only behind Manny Harris).

Wall's jumper is really bad though.

Both guys will play for a long time.

Wall is a pretty solid rebounding point guard, fairly close to the top 10 among full time ish PG. (Bledsoe, btw, was #2 last year only behind Manny Harris).

Wall's jumper is really bad though.

He shot .071% from 3 last year (3-42)! Guards got stay in the league for their rebounding.

He shot .071% from 3 last year (3-42)! Guards got stay in the league for their rebounding.

I also think I saw some stat where he was nearly as bad (though definitely not 3-42 bad) from 12-20 feet or something

I also think I saw some stat where he was nearly as bad (though definitely not 3-42 bad) from 12-20 feet or something

The kid can only play in transition he is horrible in the half court.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom