DirecTV subscribers | Syracusefan.com

DirecTV subscribers

CiscoCuse

2023 Cali Award Winner Regular Season Record
so I called DirecTV and complained after being a 13 year customer...after 20 minutes, I negotiated another DVR, their DVR Gennie, the ESPN Full Court Package (which most likely will cover those CUSE games not covered like today)...plus lowered my monthly bill by $35.
No more hooking my laptop up to the TV and hoping the internet connection is good. Today's last 2 minutes was spotty on ESPN3.

where do you live? outside the cuse area?
yes, I live in the Atlanta area...most of the CUSE games were covered but now with ACC, there are at least 4-6 future games that would not be covered either because of the local ACC station will cover GA Tech (like today) or a different ACC game (like this Tuesday local ACC coverage is the ND game)

I have complained every yr and gotten something at a large discount or 20-30 bucks a month off my bill. All the complaints were legit. Threaten to cancel and they offer the most.

Ive never had to renew my contract. Only time was when we got HD. Since then its past the contract time. Hopefully they did the same for you cisco.

What was your complaint Cisco?
Paying too much, HD channels cut out in rain, new customers get better deals than long time customers...I should cancel my service and go to Comcast! Google "how to reduce your DirecTV bill" yhheres a lot of responses on how to reduce your bill.

No problems with ESPN3 for the Miami game (also in the Atlanta area).

I recently switched from DirecTV to U-Verse. When I called to cancel, the things they were offering to keep me were of little interest to me. There was just no way that they could compete on price when Internet service costs were included in the mix.

The good thing about living in the ACC footprint is that there is ACC game access. The bad thing is that the local team's games take precedence (understandable). It would be nice if there was a Syracuse-friendly RSN that could pick these games up, like the SNY deal in the past, so that everyone could see the games.

In theory, Raycom shouldn't care since people will be watching games that they otherwise wouldn't. The local ACC Network affiliates would complain since they would lose viewership from generic ACC fans. Other than Marsh, how many people really watch a non-major game that does not involve a team that they have an interest in?

While not ideal, ESPN3 is a lot better than nothing. If/when an ACC channel appears, many games will still be distributed via (a rebranded version of) ESPN3.

Out of Towners can get a "snow bird account" and get syracuse channels anywhere in the country.

No problems with ESPN3 for the Miami game (also in the Atlanta area).

I recently switched from DirecTV to U-Verse. When I called to cancel, the things they were offering to keep me were of little interest to me. There was just no way that they could compete on price when Internet service costs were included in the mix.

The good thing about living in the ACC footprint is that there is ACC game access. The bad thing is that the local team's games take precedence (understandable). It would be nice if there was a Syracuse-friendly RSN that could pick these games up, like the SNY deal in the past, so that everyone could see the games.

In theory, Raycom shouldn't care since people will be watching games that they otherwise wouldn't. The local ACC Network affiliates would complain since they would lose viewership from generic ACC fans. Other than Marsh, how many people really watch a non-major game that does not involve a team that they have an interest in?

While not ideal, ESPN3 is a lot better than nothing. If/when an ACC channel appears, many games will still be distributed via (a rebranded version of) ESPN3.
I would love to be able to do this, but the Sunday Ticket is what prevents me from leaving Directv.

yes, I live in the Atlanta area...most of the CUSE games were covered but now with ACC, there are at least 4-6 future games that would not be covered either because of the local ACC station will cover GA Tech (like today) or a different ACC game (like this Tuesday local ACC coverage is the ND game)
I live in Atlanta as well, and showing the Ga tech game is a joke. I get it, but no one cares about Ga tech basketball. A good indicator of what sports matter in your local area, is the sports radio coverage. I think Brian Gregory has a 10 min weekly segment on 680, and 92.9 only concerns itself with the Hawks.

Paying too much, HD channels cut out in rain, new customers get better deals than long time customers...I should cancel my service and go to Comcast! Google "how to reduce your DirecTV bill" yhheres a lot of responses on how to reduce your bill.
Thanks a lot. I have been contemplating how to do this for a while now.

The acc.com broadcast of the game was very good, I thought. In previous years the games were unwatchable via the internet, because my computer could handle only 1 gig of memory. I just bought a new all-in-one with 8 gigs, and despite the sluggish game it was the best time I've had watching SU hoops in a long time.

so I called DirecTV and complained after being a 13 year customer...after 20 minutes, I negotiated another DVR, their DVR Gennie, the ESPN Full Court Package (which most likely will cover those CUSE games not covered like today)...plus lowered my monthly bill by $35.
No more hooking my laptop up to the TV and hoping the internet connection is good. Today's last 2 minutes was spotty on ESPN3.

I have done this multiple times, about once every year and a half. They give me the the kitchen sink and discounts ranging from $15-$45 off my monthly bills no including all the free upgrades and channels. DirecTV is UNPARALLELED in their customer service and picture quality. Unless somthing changes massively with them I am DirecTV for life. They are awesome, and if you call them as a long time customer they bend over backwards to keep you and make you happy. They then thanks you. you will not find better customer service out there.

Enjoy your lower prices, spotty service and horrendous customer interaction with any other providers.

PS if you have direcTV service and do not call and get upgraded to Genie and mini Genies you are missing the boat on an epic level. awesome equipment and the best out there.