Dirty goes undrafted | Syracusefan.com

Dirty goes undrafted

jekelish

Living Legend
The final few picks are known and have been reported on Twitter, and Dirty was not among them. Sucks for him since he's in attendance and it must be a kick in the nuts, but hopefully he'll find a perfect spot through free agency and latch on and become an important role player.

Good luck, Dirty, and good luck, Brandon.

My first reaction is too bad but no real surprise. My second reaction is What was he doing there? He is below average in every facet of the game except shooting. And he's a streaky shooter. He could find a niche somewhere but I'd think he's looking at a few Dleague years. DNic still has a better shot than JSouth IMO.

My first reaction is too bad but no real surprise. My second reaction is What was he doing there? He is below average in every facet of the game except shooting. And he's a streaky shooter. He could find a niche somewhere but I'd think he's looking at a few Dleague years. DNic still has a better shot than JSouth IMO.

I hate to say it but I agree. He's only a great shooter when he's on, which as you mentioned, is streaky. He's not a good ball handler, he's not a good rebounder, he's not a particularly good defender, and he isn't as athletic as I thought (based on his performance at the combine and other places). A good, but not great athlete.

He's going to have a hard time finding a spot in the league. People here greatly overestimate his shooting ability, I think.

Yeah, no surprise that he went undrafted when scouts were saying they came away from workouts disappointed in his shooting ability when that was basically the one thing he really had going for him.

I would have been much more surprised if he got drafted.

The best thing about the NBA is you always have a chance to still make a roster through hardwork.

I loved having Southerland play for us, however to me he is a taller version of Preston Shumpert. To be honest IMO Shumpert may have had a better overall game. I can also see the comparison to Nichols and maybe even Rautins. I think Southerland may be more athletic than those three, but he didn't always use his athleticism at SU. I am cheering for Southerland to make it in the NBA, but to me SU has had several other better players and even some better shooters the past few years who are stuck in the NBDL or never even got that chance.

I loved having Southerland play for us, however to me he is a taller version of Preston Shumpert. To be honest IMO Shumpert may have had a better overall game. I can also see the comparison to Nichols and maybe even Rautins. I think Southerland may be more athletic than those three, but he didn't always use his athleticism at SU. I am cheering for Southerland to make it in the NBA, but to me SU has had several other better players and even some better shooters the past few years who are stuck in the NBDL or never even got that chance.

Yeah the big difference with Shumpert is that he was a much better rebounder than Dirty. Nichols was a better defender. Southerland really is just a shooter, and he's a streaky one at that. He's not nearly the shooter that Rautins was/is.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom