Dirty, Shakin' The Rust Off | Syracusefan.com

Dirty, Shakin' The Rust Off

Yeah, I like it too, but too much pine time for #3 in the 2nd half.

This was an important game for JS to shake off the rust and get the jitters out. Rough first half, but he's really settled down and is back in the flow.

Very important development for us that he was able to have this game at home in a friendly environment versus on the road in a tough game. He'll be ready for Wednesday at uconn.

This was an important game for JS to shake off the rust and get the jitters out. Rough first half, but he's really settled down and is back in the flow.

Very important development for us that he was able to have this game at home in a friendly environment versus on the road in a tough game. He'll be ready for Wednesday at uconn.
I just hope this substitution pattern isn't permanent. Grant needs more time.

I'm hoping JB wanted James to shake off the ring rust.

Fairly certain that's what it was.

Given that both of our centers had 4 fouls with a lot of time left, I thought we might see a frontcourt lineup of the three forwards out there. Didn't happen, but James being back gives us a lot more flexibility in the frontcourt.

And like I said above, I'm very happy that he got this game at home to get his sea legs back, instead of his first taste of game action being @ uconn.

Syracuse spaces the court so much better with James out there. Its no coincidence that our back court had a great game with the threat of another shooter on the court. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Grant, but Jsouth's presence turns us into a different team.

I just hope this substitution pattern isn't permanent. Grant needs more time.
Understand what you're saying here, but he was not playing great today and JSouth needed to get going because the cuse will definitely need him wednesday. As well as Grant. Grant had some good drives, but only if he got a little stronger! Great first step he has.

Overall, thought this team looked very good today. Shot the ball well and CJ Fair had a great game with a couple big shots when the cuse needed it. Grant did only play 15 minutes which can be concerning but he will get more if JSouth is sucking. Great to have some flexibility out that wing spot now

Syracuse spaces the court so much better with James out there. Its no coincidence that our back court had a great game with the threat of another shooter on the court. Don't get me wrong, I love me some Grant, but Jsouth's presence turns us into a different team.

AND Southerland rebounds some and is a threat in transition, to say nothing of being an experienced player, giving us 5 more fouls, additional frontcourt flexibility, etc.

Great to see him back out there.

grant will be important vs uconn hitting the boards as i dont see ollie playing much zone

St. John's played zone almost the game. Verse a zone JB is going to play James more I think we will see Grant play more verse M2M defense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom