Disappointed & Girding the Loins | Syracusefan.com

Disappointed & Girding the Loins

kingtidge

All American
I'm not disappointed we lost.

I'm disappointed with whom we lost to and where... No need to rehash why... the obvious.

But what I am really disappointed with is the tarnish it's cast on this 25-0 record run for me...

While the last couple weeks has been scary and hairy, overall, its been a great rollercoaster ride so far...

Not anymore.

There isn't just an asterisk on this 25-0 historic run with this loss.

The great rollercoaster ride is no longer that for me... it's the string of games that ended with the worst loss by a #1 team in NCAA history.

There was one, improbable thing we could do to ruin this historic run for history and posterity's sake, and guess what?

We did just that.

That's what is most disappointing to me.

Now it's "the run that shall not be named"... I NEVER want to hear about it again (tho the pundit field day is likely just starting as we all hear a lot more about Syracuse, the "lucky and overrated" 25-0 chokers...)

I don't want to think that way, but I can't help it. It's what i feel in my bones and I absolutely hate that.

Moving on... Hopefully onward and upward...

Tho, based on our current form, the loins are now girded and I'm prepared to take a few more reasonable losses on the chin if the storm gets worse before it gets better.

i sent a couple texts to friends last nite..."if its possible to erase 25-0 in 1 game we just did it"

i sent a couple texts to friends last nite..."if its possible to erase 25-0 in 1 game we just did it"

Yes - it is possible... at least for me... guess you too... I hate it.

I'm not disappointed we lost.

I'm disappointed with whom we lost to and where... No need to rehash why... the obvious.

But what I am really disappointed with is the tarnish it's cast on this 25-0 record run for me...

While the last couple weeks has been scary and hairy, overall, its been a great rollercoaster ride so far...

Not anymore.

There isn't just an asterisk on this 25-0 historic run with this loss.

The great rollercoaster ride is no longer that for me... it's the string of games that ended with the worst loss by a #1 team in NCAA history.

There was one, improbable thing we could do to ruin this historic run for history and posterity's sake, and guess what?

We did just that.

That's what is most disappointing to me.

Now it's "the run that shall not be named"... I NEVER want to hear about it again (tho the pundit field day is likely just starting as we all hear a lot more about Syracuse, the "lucky and overrated" 25-0 chokers...)

I don't want to think that way, but I can't help it. It's what i feel in my bones and I absolutely hate that.

Moving on... Hopefully onward and upward...

Tho, based on our current form, the loins are now girded and I'm prepared to take a few more reasonable losses on the chin if the storm gets worse before it gets better.

Overreacting. Its one game. Means zero. Even the pundits are saying so. Hell Virginia lost to Chaminade in 83 and made the elite 8.

Overreacting. Its one game. Means zero. Even the pundits are saying so. Hell Virginia lost to Chaminade in 83 and made the elite 8.

Nah... not overreacting, just stating how I feel.

Will root and cheer the team on as always...

Hope they turn things around quickly and CJ snaps out of his funk pronto... we are a ship adrift offensively with him this badly out of sorts...

Nah... not overreacting, just stating how I feel.

Will root and cheer the team on as always...

Hope they turn things around quickly and CJ snaps out of his funk pronto... we are a ship adrift offensively with him this badly out of sorts...

You can be just stating how you feel and be overreacting at the same time and I do believe you've done that.

Reactions: 007
We lost to Rutgers in 2003 and won it all. This loss means nothing other than a small drop in our RPI.

Sure hope the team doesn't share the same attitude. - yikes.

You can be just stating how you feel and be overreacting at the same time and I do believe you've done that.

It's how I feel.

Wish I didn't feel this way. I don't like it.

I don't think it's overreacting... just stating some subjectivity you may not share. That's fine. Where better to have differing opinions than on an interwebs bulletin board post site?

Moving on an girding for Duke... Will be cheering and yelling at my TV par usual and will have closed the book on yesterday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom