Disappointments over the years | Syracusefan.com

Disappointments over the years

50YRsofCuse

Syracuse Fan in Florida and in SC
Over the past few years, we have had numerous disappointments with recruits/players either not committing or leaving early and leaving the team with gaps for that upcoming season. Some have been resolved with incoming recruits, some were expected and some were unexpected. There was always justification on the players part and some people pointed fingers at the coaching staff.

Here are some of the disappointments since the NCAA recruiting penalties were enforced. please feel free to add others.

1) Darius "Which way is the wind Blowing today" Bazley
2) Jordan 'I want to play for you but you are not Duke" Tucker
3) Quade "I am yours, I am yours, oh, Wait, Kentucky is on the other Line" Green
4) Tyler Lydon
5) Malachi Richardson
6) Chris McCullough (I have a family to take care of)
7) Taurean "My momma says I can't play with you" Thompson
8) Tyler Ennis
9) Jerami Grant
10) Matt Moyer (reluctantly added to the list)

#5,6,8 and 9 left when they were hot and the pro interest was high but while their departure was somewhat understood, it was still disappointing to some degree.

Kenny Anderson

All these others don’t even rate compared to that.

We likely would have had an all time great team with him at PG, instead of Stevie & then Michael Edwards.

Which could have been the start of a Duke-like run for JB and Syracuse.

Some more stingers over the history of the program. Larry Kelly public verbal to SU rescinded and went to UCONN, Ticky Burden legal troubles, Carlton Hines whatever, Sam Bowie silent verbal until a red Kentucky Cadillac arrived in his driveway, Donyell Marshall NCAA sanctions, at least two Pitt AA (Jerome Lane) while Chapman was Coach because of Pitt improper benefits. He was fired purportedly because the NCAA was after him for buying players. FWIW

Some more stingers over the history of the program. Larry Kelly public verbal to SU rescinded and went to UCONN, Ticky Burden legal troubles, Carlton Hines whatever, Sam Bowie silent verbal until a red Kentucky Cadillac arrived in his driveway, Donyell Marshall NCAA sanctions, at least two Pitt AA (Jerome Lane) while Chapman was Coach because of Pitt improper benefits. He was fired purportedly because the NCAA was after him for buying players. FWIW
I grew up in the Albany area. Ticky's troubles were more academic I think. His legal troubles came later. Might as well throw Calvin Murphy and Big Bob Lanier in there as well. I heard coaching staff couldn't get them past admissions, which seems a little odd since they managed to get accepted at Niagara and St. Bons.

Donyell Marshall

And if I remember correctly, a big part of the reason he went to Yukon was because he disliked Jalen Rose, who was considered a lock for SU at the time. Marshall was pretty much the beginning of the the rise of the Huskies program. So this one was bad for us on 3 levels

And if I remember correctly, a big part of the reason he went to Yukon was because he disliked Jalen Rose, who was considered a lock for SU at the time. Marshall was pretty much the beginning of the the rise of the Huskies program. So this one was bad for us on 3 levels

No, sanctions scared Marshall away.

Louis King
Lonnie Walker
Brandon Randolph
Shamorie Ponds
T Bryant
Donovan M
J Newton
Noah V
Laphonso Ellis
Jalen Smith
Brandon Slater
and i have at least 1 for 2019 class

its not just 1 and dones, need meat and potatoes, depth and skill

I grew up in the Albany area. Ticky's troubles were more academic I think. His legal troubles came later. Might as well throw Calvin Murphy and Big Bob Lanier in there as well. I heard coaching staff couldn't get them past admissions, which seems a little odd since they managed to get accepted at Niagara and St. Bons.

Compare their rankings with SU’s. Overall: Niagara #354 St Bonaventure #302 Syracuse University #135 : Acceptance rate 84.7 Niagara , 66% st Bonaventure and 48.3% SU: SAT scores 1395-1700 Niagara, 1375 - 1720 St Bonaventure and 1620 - 1930 SU.

Niagara University vs St Bonaventure University vs Syracuse University - College...

Agree with Kenny Anderson listed above.

Winfred Walton also comes to mind.

Noah Vonleh’s one, man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors