Disgusted | Syracusefan.com

Disgusted

OrangeMuskyFish

Starter
I am not upset about a loss, because I felt we should win 2 of the next 3, and we can still do that. What upsets me, just as in the Rutgers game, is that we just look like pansies when things aren't going our way.

We should have come out and set the tone, instead, we got punched in the mouth and crumbled. After the last decade, I can handle poor play on the field. It's the decision-making that gets me. Why didn't we go for two after our lone TD? Why did the big strong kids only get two touches when it became obvious we were becoming the keystone cops trying to give Bailey any chance of running the ball successfully, sans the wildcat? Why is Nassib so afraid to make a mistake? Most importantly, why does the staff continue to do something when it clearly is not working?

I am not upset about a loss, because I felt we should win 2 of the next 3, and we can still do that. What upsets me, just as in the Rutgers game, is that we just look like pansies when things aren't going our way.

We should have come out and set the tone, instead, we got punched in the mouth and crumbled. After the last decade, I can handle poor play on the field. It's the decision-making that gets me. Why didn't we go for two after our lone TD? Why did the big strong kids only get two touches when it became obvious we were becoming the keystone cops trying to give Bailey any chance of running the ball successfully, sans the wildcat? Why is Nassib so afraid to make a mistake? Most importantly, why does the staff continue to do something when it clearly is not working?
After last week games like this you just want to go "what?" How can this be? Did we have one lucky week or what?
HCDM said it first after last week, can we live with prosperity? Well, we got the answer to that today, not yet...
We are learning what it takes to win and slowly getting there, and when we are there a few more times a year than we used to be we need to learn again how to live in prosperity. Apparently not an easy thing.

After last week games like this you just want to go "what?" How can this be? Did we have one lucky week or what?
HCDM said it first after last week, can we live with prosperity? Well, we got the answer to that today, not yet...
We are learning what it takes to win and slowly getting there, and when we are there a few more times a year than we used to be we need to learn again how to live in prosperity. Apparently not an easy thing.

Certainly not an easy thing, and sometimes a loss like this makes me think Marrone might actually be doing a better job than we think. When on offense, the opposition knows that we are young and aggressive as hell... yet the D still gets the job done more times than not. When the opposition is on defense, they know that our receivers struggle at separating, our QB is leery of going deep, and if you can contain our RB on the outside you are going to be able to keep us in second-and-long all afternoon. Yet, we have a chance to get right back on the horse and get to 6-3 next week. It's infuriating at times, but progress is being made and there's nothing more you can do, aside from bear it, get loaded, and move on with the team. So, cheers to all.

Certainly not an easy thing, and sometimes a loss like this makes me think Marrone might actually be doing a better job than we think. When on offense, the opposition knows that we are young and aggressive as hell... yet the D still gets the job done more times than not. When the opposition is on defense, they know that our receivers struggle at separating, our QB is leery of going deep, and if you can contain our RB on the outside you are going to be able to keep us in second-and-long all afternoon. Yet, we have a chance to get right back on the horse and get to 6-3 next week. It's infuriating at times, but progress is being made and there's nothing more you can do, aside from bear it, get loaded, and move on with the team. So, cheers to all.
yep, by the way did get loaded have a double meaning??????

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom