Class of 2021 - DL Christopher Thomas (FL) Transferring from Florida | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL Christopher Thomas (FL) Transferring from Florida

BANYC

Scout Team
Does anyone know anything about Christopher Thomas, a 6'6" 290 lbs DL, from U Florida who has immediate eligibility.

He entered the XFER portal on 6/28/22.

Does anyone know anything about Christopher Thomas, a 6'6" 290 lbs DL, from U Florida who has immediate eligibility.

He entered the XFER portal on 6/28/22.
I know that he does not have immediate eligibility if he just entered the transfer portal on 6/28/22. He will have to sit out a year. He only played in one game his Freshman year. And he was a Rutgers recruiting target before he committed to Florida. Hello Coach Ahmad.

Very relevant portal pioneer. We’ve taken Bleich and Wilson from Florida recently.

Mas Gators

Not really trying to throw a barb here, but you have bumped I can't even count how many threads for kids offered as high schoolers by Syracuse that we are not recruiting out of the portal at all. So probably not the best person to be calling someone else out for wasteful posts.

In this case, it's just a guy in whom we had no interest. Just a year ago. I only post when someone had interest in, or from, SU. Otherwise, we could do a post on every single person who enters the portal.

As to '...kids offered as high schoolers by Syracuse that we are not recruiting out of the portal at all...', that's not something that either I or you know when I post such a thread.

I admittedly sorta increased it to include transfers from UVa who might interest our new coaches from UVa.

Agree or disagree, that's the approach I've taken.

In this case, it's just a guy in whom we had no interest. Just a year ago. I only post when someone had interest in, or from, SU. Otherwise, we could do a post on every single person who enters the portal.

As to '...kids offered as high schoolers by Syracuse that we are not recruiting out of the portal at all...', that's not something that either I or you know when I post such a thread.

I admittedly sorta increased it to include transfers from UVa who might interest our new coaches from UVa.

Agree or disagree, that's the approach I've taken.
Weird was editing my post but think I may have deleted it.

Historically kids would get a thread on this board if they were visiting or reported an offer on twitter or if one of the recruiting sites reported an offer. I think people have been pretty consistent with that.

My point is bumping every recruit thread for a kid offered by SU in high school that entered the portal clutters the board up far more than a random thread about DT that's available, when we need DLinemen out of the portal.

considering he played so little and was cut by the new coach he has a good shot at a waiver as well.
I could see the NCAA denying the waiver as Napier was named the new HC in November 2021. He had time to enter the portal before the deadline.

Weird was editing my post but think I may have deleted it.

Historically kids would get a thread on this board if they were visiting or reported an offer on twitter or if one of the recruiting sites reported an offer. I think people have been pretty consistent with that.

My point is bumping every recruit thread for a kid offered by SU in high school that entered the portal clutters the board up far more than a random thread about DT that's available, when we need DLinemen out of the portal.
Since my point was that threads on players w/o any SU interest amounted to clutter, I'm not going to add to the clutter by posting more on this.

Uh, after this one...

If he is in scholarship, he can't be cut.
Yes he can for each scholarship is a one year renewable scholarship but school's/coaches rarely use to protect their image with recruits.

yes he can.. they can cut him from the team not from the school. you still get a scholie you just cant play football.,
CHRISPTOPHER THOMAS DUNBAR HS, FT. MYERS, FL
6' 6" 290 DT

ASSETS PER SI.COM FILM

SIZE
STRENGTH
QUICK OFF SNAP
BALANCE
AGILE
STANDS OL OPPONENT UP GETS BY HIM AND IS IN BFIELD STOPPING RB/QB
VERY GOOD ATHLETE

On Wednesday, the first-year head coach informed three players they were no longer on the team, according to 247Sports. Safety Mordecai McDaniel, defensive lineman Chris Thomas and receiver Fenley Graham, who switched to the position during the offseason after playing in the secondary for the past two seasons, are expected to now enter the transfer portal.

First-year coaches are able to cut scholarship players thanks to an NCAA bylaw, but they can still stay on scholarship at the school until they graduate. Most players test the portal, though, and find new opportunities. However, the May 1 deadline has come and gone, so these players will need a waiver to be eligible at another school this season.

Steele had him listed 3rd string interior DL after Spring Ball. Might be worth a risk to offer. If eligible I would think he might be at least a contributor this Fall if he gets a waiver.

Not for performance
So in reading the bylaws it sounds like if the school gives him a scholie of another type then can remove him from the team for any reason they want.

So in reading the bylaws it sounds like if the school gives him a scholie of another type then can remove him from the team for any reason they want.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom