Class of 2020 - DL David Ndukwe (GA) WKU Commit / Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DL David Ndukwe (GA) WKU Commit / Offered

Good luck to him.

Can’t wait until we realize the big elephant in the room which is that as a whole this staff has not recruited well enough to sustain long term success with this program. Aside from Monroe, this staff has not been able to recruit well enough. We need to take the orange colored glasses off. As quickly as Pedo State takes our recruits, we sure as heck better be able to do the same to WKU.

Good luck to him.

Can’t wait until we realize the big elephant in the room which is that as a whole this staff has not recruited well enough to sustain long term success with this program. Aside from Monroe, this staff has not been able to recruit well enough. We need to take the orange colored glasses off. As quickly as Pedo State takes our recruits, we sure as heck better be able to do the same to WKU.
Pedo state poaches players from us because we recruit the same region. Georgia to Syracuse is a great distance and Ndukwe didn't grow up rooting for the Orange. This is disappointing, one disappointment among many this year, but people are overreacting to it. Wait until February, see who we got at the position and then condemn the class.

Pedo state poaches players from us because we recruit the same region. Georgia to Syracuse is a great distance and Ndukwe didn't grow up rooting for the Orange. This is disappointing, one disappointment among many this year, but people are overreacting to it. Wait until February, see who we got at the position and then condemn the class.
But why condemn later what people want to condemn now?

Totally agree. Trust your gut always
I think it's always great to go to a school that might play on national TV what 6 times in 4 years. As opposed to playing on ESPN and the ACC Network all the time.

Does WKU's league have their own network?

Sounds like a great decision, all the luck in the world to him.

Good luck to him.

What are you talking about? Chances are you hadn't ever heard of this kid before two weeks ago and now the "staff can't recruit well enough" because the kid was more comfortable with a relationship he's had for far longer than he's had with SU? This was a high upside kid that would've required a lot of development and could've been a solid player down the road for us. We've landed plenty of guys like that but in no way is Ndukwe a sure thing for us.

It's not like we lost a kid we've been recruiting for months to WKU. Relax.

I think it's always great to go to a school that might play on national TV what 6 times in 4 years. As opposed to playing on ESPN and the ACC Network all the time.

Does WKU's league have their own network?

Sounds like a great decision, all the luck in the world to him.

Maybe the kid wants to play right away and not wait for 2 years to play ? The things that may matter to you might not matter to him. Think he knows better about his decision for himself and what matters most to him other than worrying about the acc network

Seems like a nice young man with (long-term) upside that is very loyal - a vanishing quality these days. BOL to him at WKU. But we need DT's like crazy. There's some talent in the pipeline but not many with size on the interior. Let's hope the staff has some other things cooking.

Last edited:
Recruiting is about relationships. It's hard to flip a kid that you have basically had no contact with until just before signing day. Good for him to stay with the coaches and school he feels most comfortable.
I don't believe most of you would be saying this or honestly feeling this way if the kid was a 4* 6'-6" 325 lb stud that was ready to insert and play from day one.

I don't believe most of you would be saying this or honestly feeling this way if the kid was a 4* 6'-6" 325 lb stud that was ready to insert and play from day one.
Exactly. All of us wish the worst for a kid if he doesn't choose the school we root for. :rolleyes:

So you are saying No one with these quality will ever come to SU. wow

When was the last time SU got a commitment from a 6-6 325# DL?

When was the first time?

Listed here as 6-2, 287# as a Soph.

6-3, 290# on signing day.

So, like the size of an actual defensive tackle? In four years, Dino's recruited 3 kids with real defensive tackle size. One was a JUCO. One's spent the last three years playing HB (not very well).

In fairness, only time will tell if his strategy will work. You had three guys who had to add significant weight in the rotation at DT/NT this season, making varying impacts. But they were also all upperclassman.

I thought Slaton did a fantastic job but I now want 3rd or 4th round DT's every so often and step up from Slaton who was drafted but cut. This position and the LB positions have to improve and stop being filled with undrafted players or this inconsistent D will continue.

Those kids have better offers than this kid.

No kidding captain obvious...but those kids go to factories, not Syracuse.

So there's that...

I said this before recruitment is all about relationships. It's a courtship and sometimes one or even both of the parties decide to call off the engagement because they realize they aren't a good fit for each other. That's what happened.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom