Class of 2021 - DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 DL George Rooks (NJ) Portal from Michigan to BC

He is certainly welcome to SU, but for now we need to move on and let him make his own choice with his family’s support.

If you remove your orange colored glasses, attending Michigan for academics, football, and alumni network is a fantastic decision.

If you remove your orange colored glasses, attending Michigan for academics, football, and alumni network is a fantastic decision.
Whoa, is that why Orangeyes had that name? Because, if you removed his orange colored glasses he had orange eyes?

Whoa, is that why Orangeyes had that name? Because, if you removed his orange colored glasses he had orange eyes?
I hate giving a serious reply to a post intended to be fun, but it was pointed out a while back that orangeyes breaks down to orange yes and somehow evolved into everyone calling him orange eyes. However, you are correct. Glasses removed, his eyes were actually orange. :)

I hate giving a serious reply to a post intended to be fun, but it was pointed out a while back that orangeyes breaks down to orange yes and somehow evolved into everyone calling him orange eyes. However, you are correct. Glasses removed, his eyes were actually orange. :)
I am normally goofy, but my post was serious. Orangeyes is the gold standard or orange standard. Now that you mention it, I do remember some discussion. I apologize for not remembering the details.

So is Rooks a done deal to Mich????
I don't know. Historically, if a recruit visits a place and doesn't verbal there shortly afterwards, it is not a good sign for that school.

I think every day that passes that he does not verbal is good for us. There is something keeping him from pulling the trigger.

I don't know. Historically, if a recruit visits a place and doesn't verbal there shortly afterwards, it is not a good sign for that school.

I think every day that passes that he does not verbal is good for us. There is something keeping him from pulling the trigger.

He hates bricks. And khakis. :p

Harbaugh.jpg

I think they are also only bringing in (3) DT’s. One spot is filled, two remain for three prospects, one of which is Rooks. One of the remaining prospects is a heavy Michigan lean so it’s likely one spot remains.

Idk, the article from a few weeks ago promoting BC and the work Hafley has done is concerning. Could they be a leader with Michigan?

John did write ups on 10 of SU’s 14 commits.

Here are the 4 he skipped:

Terry Lockett DE Springfield, MA
Malik Matthew OLB Bronx, NY
Hayden Nelson DE Brookfield, WI
Wes Hoey, Glen Ellyn, IL

I wonder why he didn’t bother to do write ups on these players? There is plenty of film on all of them.

This is not unusual.

Miami has 18 commitments and he only did write ups on 16.

Pitt has 16 commits and he only did write ups on 12 of them.

Wake has 17 and he only did write ups on 11 of them.

Rutgers has 22 and he only did write ups on 14 of them.

I suspect he is avoiding doing write ups on players he does not think highly of. That wold explain why so many Rutgers players were snubbed. But if I were rating SU’s recruits to date, these are not close to the 4 I would have at the bottom of the list.

Wes Hoey, Glen Ellyn, IL

I wonder why he didn’t bother to do write ups on these players? There is plenty of film on all of them.

This is not unusual.

I suspect he is avoiding doing write ups on players he does not think highly of. That wold explain why so many Rutgers players were snubbed. But if I were rating SU’s recruits to date, these are not close to the 4 I would have at the bottom of the list.
Because the ten he did the write ups on are among the candidates for the 2020 Sports Illustrated All-America team of high school senior football players.

Wes Hoey, Glen Ellyn, IL

This is not unusual.

Personally consider Nelson the steal of the class so far besides the Big Fella from PA

Does Chestnut's commitment have any impact on Rooks? Does the commitment of a highly rated NJ guy help at all? Do these guys have any kind of relationship?

I'm no recruiting expert, but the excitment of Chestnut's decision has me hopeful here, so I'd like to hear what the recruiting guys think.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom