Class of 2019 DL Jason Blissett (NY) Signed NLI to Miami

OrangeMojo

All Conference
Half the class decommitted, DC left - should’ve been a sign to wait for February before signing. Smh. Hope you like your new staff kid - whoever they are, they’re nowhere near as cool as coach Babers and his crew.

The school can let a player out of a LOI. That said, and I believe this to be true, this is the same AD at Miami who would not let Gus transfer to SU.
I believe the AD would not let Gus transfer because It was SU vs Miami that year. We don't play Miami again any time soon.

RF2044

Living Legend
Half the class decommitted, DC left - should’ve been a sign to wait for February before signing. Smh. Hope you like your new staff kid - whoever they are, they’re nowhere near as cool as coach Babers and his crew.
Agree 100%.

javadoc

All American
I assume that his NYS coach, with the best interests of his players in mind, counseled him about these factors. Right?

Man if I was this guys parents I would be pretty ticked off with Richt and Miami. What a screwover... His signature is still wet on his NLI and his coach suddenly retires? Smh...

Maybe...maybe not. I would guess that head coach and their winning reputation can be a pretty big factor in a decision that a recruit makes. He may also like Diaz enough to stick with things. It will be interesting to see.

CA Monk

2nd String
SMH
Wow $4 million for 2 weeks at Temple. If Richt wasn't so impulsive he could've indicated earlier his decision and saved the U quite a bit of scratch. I'm sure the BoT are happy about forking over that much dough for a guy who was already in the fold 2 weeks ago. That's a very unproductive cost and could've paid for scholarships, building improvements etc. I wonder if it comes out of the U's general fund though or some other booster fund.

OK CL, your next asignment (should you decide to accept it) is to determine what Richt's buyout would've been had he been fired at the end of 2019.

SUfaninAZ

All Conference
SMH
Wow $4 million for 2 weeks at Temple. If Richt wasn't so impulsive he could've indicated earlier his decision and saved the U quite a bit of scratch. I'm sure the BoT are happy about forking over that much dough for a guy who was already in the fold 2 weeks ago. That's a very unproductive cost and could've paid for scholarships, building improvements etc. I wonder if it comes out of the U's general fund though or some other booster fund.

OK CL, your next asignment (should you decide to accept it) is to determine what Richt's buyout would've been had he been fired at the end of 2019.
I bet that is donor money.

timkay99

All Conference
SMH

I highly, highly doubt this was Richt being impulsive and the BoT giving him the option to retire or get fired.

They just played a horrendous bowl game. Not many want that to be their final coached game.

Trueblue25

Cali Award Magistrate
Miami bought into Richt, but Miami did not buy into Richt’s plan and timetable. Miami’s unrealistic and is likely to face some more tough years.

CuseLegacy

Twitter Wizard
Staff member
SMH

There are a lot of crazy numbers out there but since it is a private school it's not public info. Supposedly he was making 4 mil/yr.

Top Bottom