Class of 2024 - DL Maraad Watson (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 DL Maraad Watson (NJ) COMMITTED / SIGNED NLI TO SYRACUSE (12/20/23)

I can’t believe we’ve been missing out on all this recruiting action over the years. I got sucked into all the coach speak excuses. Never again.
Those 2 transferred from a small catholic HS to Irvington after their junior seasons. They were off the radar and most colleges didn’t know about them until late in their senior season.

Coach Brown has the contacts in NJ that tell him about players like these guys. Coach Babers never developed a network like Coach Brown has.

Those 2 transferred from a small catholic HS to Irvington after their junior seasons. They were off the radar and most colleges didn’t know about them until late in their senior season.

Coach Brown has the contacts in NJ that tell him about players like these guys. Coach Babers never developed a network like Coach Brown has.
I think it’s fair to say that most coaches never develop a network in any state that strong. It’s really impressive to see it at work.

Seems like they were here the first weekend for a reason. He made them priorities.

Maraad, commit to Cuse​

IMG_0811.jpeg

For sure. The tape for both of the Irvington guys is impressive to my eye. Smoke knows what he is talking about. These kids can play. Waston is a monster. I can only imagine what he can develop into when is not standing straight up on his first step.

not for nothing, he looks much happier in the Syracuse photos. It's been 10 days but I just think Fran wins this one. Years past I would say, it's over and we lost the kid and hey maybe we do but I doubt it. These guys resonate with the NJ kids and their families. Stay closer to home, win games and be part of something. Coached by guys from where you're from