Class of 2017 - DL Myles Cecil (CA) Transferring from Cal Poly/Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 DL Myles Cecil (CA) Transferring from Cal Poly/Offered

Offers from Southeastern Louisiana. UIW, UAB, Hawaii, Tulsa, Vanderbilt, Syracuse

If the kid is good enough to handle the inside, Lockett can slide out to the three and Caleb can step in for Kingsley. Spot Linton on passing downs.

Highlights kinda reminded me of Josh Black.
I’m no expert but my impression, and I get it’s against a certain level of competition, is better hands, lower pad level and lean, plays with leverage. Shows explosion and continues his tackle through the ball carrier. Saw some of that from Jobity as well.

Again this is an impression but Josh played high to me.

I’m no expert but my impression, and I get it’s against a certain level of competition, is better hands, lower pad level and lean, plays with leverage. Shows explosion and continues his tackle through the ball carrier. Saw some of that from Jobity as well.

Agreed. Unless it was by design, I also feel Josh lacked explosiveness getting off the ball.

And when I say played high, not like Frank Howard playing high.

Maybe it's the measurables, because him and Josh are basically the same size.