Class of 2020 - DL Paris Shand (ON) Portal from Arizona to LSU | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 DL Paris Shand (ON) Portal from Arizona to LSU

I would note this is not a re-offer of an offer previously offered. Why am I suddenly thinking about the "She offered her honor" rhyme?

I watched every Arizona game this year. Shand is interesting to me. On one hand, he had a number of good moments and I think has a lot of talent. And he seems like a genuinely good kid. On the other, the D-Line as a whole struggled, particularly against the run.

If we can scheme him up, I'd take the shot. I like the fit. Pretty massive temperature change but as was said upthread, the Toronto thing may be a selling point. He already has an Ole Miss offer.

Get him to visit.

Lock up Shand and Jeudy and move on to other positions; OL.

That would be awesome.

Not sure that we have room for both, given the returning players.

That would be awesome.

We have room. There will likely be more movement on our roster.

The portal window opened Monday and will remain open for 45 days before closing on Jan. 18, 2023. A second window for fall sports is May 1 to 15. Graduate transfers can still enter the portal at any time.

We have room. There will likely be more movement on our roster.

The portal window opened Monday and will remain open for 45 days before closing on Jan. 18, 2023. A second window for fall sports is May 1 to 15. Graduate transfers can still enter the portal at any time.

Probably, but that doesn't mean that the attrition will be at DL. Given the returnees on DL, we probably don't have room for both at the current time.

Probably, but that doesn't mean that the attrition will be at DL. Given the returnees on DL, we probably don't have room for both at the current time.

We don't need room NOW, we need room (under 85 scholarships) when they report to campus (winter or summer).

So far Hough and Linton are gone. Are you convinced there won't be more attrition? I'm not.

Perry and Smith committed before those guys entered the portal. If we had room for them before the transfers, then we should have room for two more with two more scholarship spots opening up.

We don't need room NOW, we need room (under 85 scholarships) when they report to campus (winter or summer).

So far Hough and Linton are gone. Are you convinced there won't be more attrition? I'm not.

Perry and Smith committed before those guys entered the portal. If we had room for them before the transfers, then we should have room for two more with two more scholarship spots opening up.

I'm not concerned about DL attrition, given the returnees. Bringing in these two in tandem might induce more of the incumbents to leave, however.

I don't view DL as a critical area of need, given what we have returning. Adding one of these two prospects to what we already have would be ideal.

I'm not going to wring my hands about DL until things actually occur. We lost Linton. Hough is an irrelevant departure.

That would be awesome.

We have plenty of room. Besides the guys leaving for the NFL, we already have a handul of guys in the portal and a small HS class.

PARIS SHAND IN TRANSFER PORTAL FROM AZ
#95 D EDGE 6' 5" 290 THREE YEARS OF ELIGIBILITY/NO FILM

Paris Shand

PARISSHAND​

Arizona Wildcats

FOLLOW
  • CLASS
    Sophomore
  • HT/WT
    6' 5", 290 lbs
  • BIRTHPLACE
    Toronto, ON