Class of 2023 - DL Tyriq Blanding (NY) Verbal to PSU | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 DL Tyriq Blanding (NY) Verbal to PSU

I really liked Blanding's film
Yes, he is a national level recruit and will start for several years at a P5 school. Has a great chance of playing in the NFL.

Definitely one of the best players in the state.

The 100,000 fans tend to draw them to Penn st. but it seems that most ny kids that go that route do not excel there. Could come to SU and see the field a lot sooner.
Yep but the see the field sooner pitch almost never works, high end kids think they will see the field soon anywhere they go

True but it’s the reason most end up in the portal within 2 years. Expectations and reality is sometimes a large divide in sports.
100%. Which is why the portal is such a good opportunity for a program like ours to bring in 4 star players (see our new transfer QB), as opposed to having little shot with them out of HS. With NIL we are in danger of being poached of current players like Pitt was with Addison, but we also have the opportunity to recruit high end kids out of the portal and hopefully mitigate the NIL gap somewhat

Don’t know but Blanding is Penn st bound.
The good news is a lot of these kids that make bad choices will be able to recover from them a lot easier with the new transfer rules. We may see Tyriq in orange in a year or two. State College is not for everyone.

Win Lose or Draw, I would still love to play Penn State this year.

Even if you took out the university and how terrible they are, how could you ever play for Franklin. He’s the worst. Had some buddies that played Golf at Vandy when he was there and they said he was the absolute worst person to everyone that wasn’t associated with football. I cannot stand the guy and I just don’t see how anyone chooses that program or that coach

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom