DM won't but he should start Kinder against Pitt | Syracusefan.com

DM won't but he should start Kinder against Pitt

VirginiaOrange

2nd String
They're not going to beat Pitt on the road as this team has quit. I doubt they want to play anymore. So surprise us and give us a reason to watch. Play Kinder and see what you have. It cannot be worse than what we saw today.

I am pretty sure it could be worse. No one is allowed to see Kinder in practice really so I have to go back to the only time I have seen him live which was the spring game and he was terrible. I mean really atrocious, it was so painful to watch. Maybe someone who went to the ED scrimmage has an opinion.

only teams dying to avoid a QB controversy (or trying to quell a low simmering one) refuse to give their backup any snaps.

only teams dying to avoid a QB controversy (or trying to quell a low simmering one) refuse to give their backup any snaps.
Does it occur to you, that we don't have any good backup QB's at this time?

If you want a shake up, how about special teams?

Does it occur to you, that we don't have any good backup QB's at this time?

If you want a shake up, how about special teams?

Every AQ program has a player or two on their roster that is capable of better production than a stand-still QB with a 120 QB rating.

Nassib has been awful (under 120 QB rating) in 11 out of 13 Big East games, and one of his 2 BE games above 120 was his 2 INT performance in our loss vs. UConn 3 weeks ago (127 rating).

Teams that know Syracuse and Nassib (i.e. BE teams) have shut down our offense with ease.
When your starting QB plays awful in 12 out of 13 conference games, the only reason not to give someone else a few snaps at QB is to avoid a QB controversy.

Nassib defenders blame everyone else on the team, even the backup QBs!

And we shouldn't shake up special teams, our special teams have been decent. Our field goal efficiency is really low, but field goals are noisy. We are positive in both the kick return game and the punt return game, and those abilities are more consistent year-to-year. We have obviously incorporated some athletes into our return and coverage units that are working out well.

When your offense and Qb have been terrible in 12 out of the last 13 conference games, you don't shake up the special teams: you get someone else some snaps.

Every AQ program has a player or two on their roster that is capable of better production than a stand-still QB with a 120 QB rating.

Nassib has been awful (under 120 QB rating) in 11 out of 13 Big East games, and one of his 2 BE games above 120 was his 2 INT performance in our loss vs. UConn 3 weeks ago (127 rating).

Teams that know Syracuse and Nassib (i.e. BE teams) have shut down our offense with ease.
When your starting QB plays awful in 12 out of 13 conference games, the only reason not to give someone else a few snaps at QB is to avoid a QB controversy.

So you're saying that by putting in a quarterback who, from what we have seen of him in contained situations, isn't all that good of a passer at this point is a better bet because you say so? Just because he can run? Doesn't that make the offense just as one dimensional? Put the quarterback in that we the fans think can run because that will open up our offense so much more? Won't teams just be gunning for the run when he's in the game?

We need 1 more win to be bowl eligible, and you want to blow up the roster.

Why not start all the walk-ons while you're at it?