Do the BC OOC games deal dissolve now we're in ACC? | Syracusefan.com

Do the BC OOC games deal dissolve now we're in ACC?

Upstate

Co 2020 Cali Winner, Rcd/Rcpts/TD Rcpts (5)/TFL
Seems like it has to, unless we're trying to keep it at the end of the year like it seems it will be.

That would seem logical. Same with the Georgia Tech series. I wonder about the timing between TCU coming into the Big East (if that still happens) in 2012 and SU AND Pitt's exist by 2013. We might need to scramble for another 1-AA game at home.

Going forward, I would assume SU will have 4 home/4 away games in the ACC. Therefore there will be 4 OOC games. Given that we have a few games in the new Meadowlands for PSU and USC, it appears we will see a few more Rhode Islands or Maines on the schedule. Since travel will be an issue to a greater extent, I would prefer to see Buffalo and Army on the OOC schedule. Army serves a good purpose when on the road, plus SU can probably negotiate a 2 for 1 or a 3 for 2 to squeeze out an extra home game. Same with Buffalo. Given what has been going on at Temple, renewing that series might be good too, especially since it could help keep Philly area recruits interested in SU. (This is obviously a bigger concern for the basketball program since we've seen some strong kids come out of the Philly area and the Villanova series will be in serious danger of dying).

It would seem to me that there are about to be a number of inadvertent independents, or at least schools who got left out of the Big Four conferences and joined the CoMT (Conference of Misfit Toys) looking for games against name opponents to keep their programs alive in the next few years. While scheduling is going to get interesting, and the OOC series of the next few years are going out the window, I don't think it will be a problem to find replacements at all.

Syracuse needs to keep playing BC during that weekend. BC always has been our true rival... though some here don't want to hear it.

I agree Jurrie. SU vs BC on Thanksgiving Day weekend. If UConn and RU escape too, they would probably end up playing that weekend as well.

I welcome BC as our true rival. I hope we play Rutgers non-conference when they're in the MAC.

Our record versus the following teams:

BC 28 - 18 - 0
Pitt 30 - 33 - 3
Maryland 18 - 14 - 2
Virginia 2 - 2 - 0
VPI 9 - 8 - 0
Duke 0 - 2 - 0
Wake 1 - 1 - 0
UNC 2 - 2 - 0
NC State 0 - 6 - 0
GA Tech 0 - 2 - 0
Clemson 1 - 0 - 0
FSU 1 - 5 - 0
Miami 7 - 15 - 0

UConn 2 - 5 - 0
Rutgers 30 - 10 - 1

Pitt appears to be our bigger rivalry, with BC a close enough 2nd. I can live with a Thanksgiving weekend rivalry with BC. Rutgers does not register as a rivalry.

Put me as +1 on the BC Thanksgiving day tradition. I have a lot of friends/family that went there, so it's always been fun for me.

Pitt appears to be our bigger rivalry, with BC a close enough 2nd. I can live with a Thanksgiving weekend rivalry with BC. Rutgers does not register as a rivalry.[/quote]

the problem w/Pitt is that they were great in 70's... won like 10-15 in a row.. then we were great in 80's-90's and won 15-20 in a row... then we went bad and they got good again in 2000's... we have never had a time when it was really a hard fought toss up game... so not really a rivalry...

the problem w/Pitt is that they were great in 70's... won like 10-15 in a row.. then we were great in 80's-90's and won 15-20 in a row... then we went bad and they got good again in 2000's... we have never had a time when it was really a hard fought toss up game... so not really a rivalry...

Bingo. We have a long history with Pitt, but no real rivalry.

BC is our football rival now. I welcome it.

Bingo. We have a long history with Pitt, but no real rivalry.

BC is our football rival now. I welcome it.

Really hoping the rivalry restarts in the Heights next year. Selfishly because it's 15 miles from my house. Love to get some hoops games at Conte again too. Always a nice take for the family.

Pitt appears to be our bigger rivalry, with BC a close enough 2nd.
A rivalry only exists if the feelings are mutual. Pitt's rival is WVU. BC and Syracuse are long term, private school, rivals.

Yes, Syracuse has rivalries with the other old Eastern Independents, but the biggest peer rival is BC. Don't even try to bring Yukon into this discussion like a certain conference and TV network tried to do recently.

I would think most of our future schedule is up in the air right now.

One thing is almost certain, we will be playing BC every year.

End of year matchup seems most likely, but the ACC has moved the FSU/Miami rivalry game around to different months. They haven't fallen on a fixed time yet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom