Do we accept NIT invite? | Syracusefan.com

Do we accept NIT invite?

W'boro'Cuse315

All American
This is not a defeatist/spite post. IMO, the only reason to play in the NIT is to carry the success/further development of young players into the following year. There's a very good chance that Battle is the only player in our rotation that returns next year. I see no positives to playing. Thoughts?

EDIT: I left Thompson out as well. Go me!

Last edited:
To be clear, if we play I will be attending/watching every game as always. The NIT is always a great opportunity to get great seats at a severely discounted price.

This is not a defeatist/spite post. IMO, the only reason to play in the NIT is to carry the success/further development of young players into the following year. There's a very good chance that Battle is the only player in our rotation that returns next year. I see no positives to playing. Thoughts?

Is there another postseason tournament to play in?

Boeheim said or at least implied heavily that we'll play. And we should. For the young kids, for the seniors. Why not? This season was pretty forgettable but back in January we were talking on here about finishing with a losing record. They made a run. It wasn't enough but we've done enough to play some more. I'll watch those games.

Really?
TT says hi...

You think TT is leaving but Battle is staying??

EDIT: I left Thompson out as well. Go me!
The BB team does. I'm just a fan.

FWIW, every time we play in the NIT, good things tend to happen in the following years. To experience the ultimate highs in life, you must first experience the ultimate lows. LGO!

Can't wait til we win the NIT, Battle and Lydon ball out and go on their merry way. Good times ahead.

Like, obviously you take the NIT bid... It's going to come back to bite you if you refuse to play, but there is a lot of downside for us in this NIT and minimal upside (TT).

Not playing in the NIT would be the best way I can think of to signal to the rest of the country that we're delusional and unfoundedly elitist.

Last edited: