Do we accept NIT invite? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do we accept NIT invite?

Yes and play Howard at the point at least 20 minutes.

If there's even a sliver of hope that he stays at SU next year, play him 30+ minutes.

FWIW, every time we play in the NIT, good things tend to happen in the following years. To experience the ultimate highs in life, you must first experience the ultimate lows. LGO!

We had a hot shot recruit ranked I believe #1 or #2 named Carmelo Anthony waiting in the wings after one NIT, do we have anybody like that coming in next year? I'd be excited if that were the case, unfortunately there isn't much looking good going forward.

Boeheim said or at least implied heavily that we'll play. And we should. For the young kids, for the seniors. Why not? This season was pretty forgettable but back in January we were talking on here about finishing with a losing record. They made a run. It wasn't enough but we've done enough to play some more. I'll watch those games.
We can still get to 23 and 14 and get battle and the other returning players much needed experience in a do or die scenario tournament.

This is not a defeatist/spite post. IMO, the only reason to play in the NIT is to carry the success/further development of young players into the following year. There's a very good chance that Battle is the only player in our rotation that returns next year. I see no positives to playing. Thoughts?

EDIT: I left Thompson out as well. Go me!
Honestly it's textbook definition of defeatest / spite.

Wow, I feel comfortable with my posts after reading this one. Thanks
In retrospect, I regret this thread. But, if I can help just one fellow poster feel more comfortable, I'll be able to sleep happy tonight ;)

Like I said in the tv thread, the silver lining is Boeheim and us can avoid not getting 20 wins this season...

In retrospect, I regret this thread. But, if I can help just one fellow poster feel more comfortable, I'll be able to sleep happy tonight ;)

lol you saw that I felt better about my posts. I have a limit lower than most now, so I could be done at any minute now. Its ssssoooooo frustrating. But I did express that your thread made me feel better. Have you ever seen the EPIC movie "Man on the Moon" with Jim Carey portraying Andy Kaufman? His alter-ego character Tony Clifton says something like, "If I made one person happy, it was worth it all". I love that, and say it on here too! ;)

Battle will blow up in the NIT. Bye.

This came up back in '06, I think, and Boeheim immediately said of course we accept. Turning it down would embarrass the school, the program and the game. Even suggesting doing so is bitch talk.

This came up back in '06, I think, and Boeheim immediately said of course we accept. Turning it down would embarrass the school, the program and the game. Even suggesting doing so is bitch talk.
I agree. I see that now. How UConn of me :(

lol you saw that I felt better about my posts. I have a limit lower than most now, so I could be done at any minute now. Its ssssoooooo frustrating. But I did express that your thread made me feel better. Have you ever seen the EPIC movie "Man on the Moon" with Jim Carey portraying Andy Kaufman? His alter-ego character Tony Clifton says something like, "If I made one person happy, it was worth it all". I love that, and say it on here too! ;)
Great movie!! Very underrated. Nobody ever mentions it when talking about Carrey's career.

(Desperate attempt at thread hijacking to save face)