Do we have a 2014 draft 1st rounder on our roster? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do we have a 2014 draft 1st rounder on our roster?

Yeah, Fair is a great bet to go in the 1st. Coleman...not so much. He has some "blowing up" to do just to be an average player in the ACC next year.

The kid had multiple injuries and still averaged more rebounds per minute than anyone in the Big East.

He needs to fine tune his offensive skill set, work on his presence downlow and provide at least a defensive presence.

All things that can and will be worked out this summer.

The kid had multiple injuries and still averaged more rebounds per minute than anyone in the Big East.

He needs to fine tune his offensive skill set, work on his presence downlow and provide at least a defensive presence.

All things that can and will be worked out this summer.

I don't want this to turn into a bashing of Coleman because I believe that he does have potential. If you are going to use rebounds per minutes as an indication of his 1st round potential, i would ask who those minutes were played against?

Coleman played in 3 BE games for a grand total of 11 minutes and scored 2 points. He put up great stat lines against Colgate, E. Mich, and Monmouth. But there is a reason he did not see minutes against the Big Boys when he was healthy.

The only point I want to make is that he has a long way to go before he can be considered an average player in the ACC, let alone be mentioned as a possible NBA 1st round pick next year.

To answer this question, right now Chad Ford has Jerami as the #18 prospect on his top 100 for the 2014 draft and projects him as a mid-first round pick RIGHT NOW.

To put that in perspective, I believe last year after the season he had MCW ranked in the mid-20's.

He has CJ as #51, and projects him to be second round or undrafted, which is bull but oh well.
CJ is not a first-round NBA athlete, at this time

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

Cj was in the dunk of the year finals 3 years straight, I would call that pretty athletic.

CJ was a solid first scoring option by the end of his jr year and will do the same as a senior, NBA teams will take notice to that. He shot around 40 percent from outside taking quite a few threes last year didn't he? He really needs to work on NBA 3 point range as he will be a nba sf and dribbling right.

The only 1st rounder I see as of right now is CJ. He will be the star of this team no doubt. Everyone else needs to step up their games to be on the NBA radar.

Agreed on Coleman. he can have a nice year, but he's pretty much got to be a 5 in the NBA, right?
It's such a contradiction of interests in that as fans we are hoping for each player to make significant progress on their game and to become major contributors but in doing so they improve the likelihood of an abbreviated college career by moving on to the NBA. As far as Coleman goes, I'm thinking we need him to make a pretty significant jump this year. Yesterday I was reading this article on ESPN about a kid I'm sure you'll all remember. He has an uncanny resemblance to DC2. I'm hoping his career doesn't end up having the same trajectory.

Cj was in the dunk of the year finals 3 years straight, I would call that pretty athletic.

CJ was a solid first scoring option by the end of his jr year and will do the same as a senior, NBA teams will take notice to that. He shot around 40 percent from outside taking quite a few threes last year didn't he? He really needs to work on NBA 3 point range as he will be a nba sf and dribbling right.

He needs to work on dribbling right AND finishing right AND with his right hand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom