Do we make the end-of-season top 25? | Syracusefan.com

Do we make the end-of-season top 25?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Does a Sweet 16 run as an 11 seed with victories over ASU, TCU, MSU, and hanging with #2 seed Duke until the final minute earn a spot in the season end top 25 poll?

My guess is no. We would have to leapfrog teams like: Rhode Island, Miami, Florida, Nevada, Houston Clemson, St. Bonaventure, Kentucky, TCU, VT, SHU, MTSU, Texas A&M, Florida St., Buffalo, Kansas State, Loyola-Chicago.

Does a Sweet 16 run as an 11 seed with victories over ASU, TCU, MSU, and hanging with #2 seed Duke until the final minute earn a spot in the season end top 25 poll?

My guess is no. We would have to leapfrog teams like: Rhode Island, Miami, Florida, Nevada, Houston Clemson, St. Bonaventure, Kentucky, TCU, VT, SHU, MTSU, Texas A&M, Florida St., Buffalo, Kansas State, Loyola-Chicago.
I think no. But we did set ourselves up to be looked at pre season next year which without this run, I don't think we were.

I seriously doubt they vote Cuse top 10 pre-season next year. 10-20, perhaps. I think they will want Cuse to prove themselves first. UVA was not rated at start of this season and they ended #1, until their fateful 1st NCAAT game of course.

I seriously doubt they vote Cuse top 10 pre-season next year. 10-20, perhaps. I think they will want Cuse to prove themselves first. UVA was not rated at start of this season and they ended #1, until their fateful 1st NCAAT game of course.
I think they will Look at frank and Oshae and our recruiting class and the run we made. A lot of the top teams are losing a lot if not top 10 12 to 15.

No but we should be preseason top 10

I’d be shocked if that happened. Realistically, I think we will be initially ranked somewhere from 20-25(assuming Battle leaves). The writers won’t give us the benefit of the doubt as they do for teams like Duke, Kentucky, Kansas, etc. Our guys are going to have to prove their worth on the floor in order to move up the polls. I’m ok with them being underrated if it lights a fire in them early on.

This is my prediction of the final poll:

1. Villanova (1) champion?
2. Kansas (1) F4?
3. Michigan (3) runner-up?
4. Duke (2) E8
5. Texas Tech (3) E8
6. Virginia (1)
7. Xavier (1)
8. Purdue (2) S16
9. UNC (2)
10. Cincinnati (2)
11. Loyola-Chicago (11) F4
12. Gonzaga (4) S16
13. West Virginia (5) S16
14. Kentucky (5) S16
15. Clemson (5) S16
16. Florida State (9) E8
17. Kansas State (9) E8
18. Michigan State (3)
19. Tennessee (3)
20. Nevada (7) S16
21. Texas A&M (7) S16
22. Auburn (4)
23. Wichita State (4)
24. Ohio State (5)
25. Arizona (4)
26. Syracuse (11) S16

This is my prediction of the final poll:

1. Villanova (1) champion?
2. Kansas (1) F4?
3. Michigan (3) runner-up?
4. Duke (2) E8
5. Texas Tech (3) E8
6. Virginia (1)
7. Xavier (1)
8. Purdue (2) S16
9. UNC (2)
10. Cincinnati (2)
11. Loyola-Chicago (11) F4
12. Gonzaga (4) S16
13. West Virginia (5) S16
14. Kentucky (5) S16
15. Clemson (5) S16
16. Florida State (9) E8
17. Kansas State (9) E8
18. Michigan State (3)
19. Tennessee (3)
20. Nevada (7) S16
21. Texas A&M (7) S16
22. Auburn (4)
23. Wichita State (4)
24. Ohio State (5)
25. Arizona (4)
26. Syracuse (11) S16
But hey... we're on the bubble!! The next team out.

I hope we don't start next season higher than 20 and would be fine if we were unranked. I would rather have us play with a chip on our shoulder. When is the last time we started the season with high national expectations and lived up to them?

Reactions: cto
I hope we don't start next season higher than 20 and would be fine if we were unranked. I would rather have us play with a chip on our shoulder.
Crazy thought but I believe it’s possible to have a chip and be ranked. The fact that past JB teams underachieved has no bearing on future results. And I think we’ve spent enough time being unranked and forgotten these last few years.

I wouldve loved to have throttled Zona.

I still feel bad for virgina. It's still harrd to imagine what happened in the first round. That loss will be with them to eternity. That said, even if Battle doesn't return, we really have the making of a solid team. I could see us going on a little "villanova" run.

I still feel bad for virgina. It's still harrd to imagine what happened in the first round. That loss will be with them to eternity. That said, even if Battle doesn't return, we really have the making of a solid team. I could see us going on a little "villanova" run.
I think going on a Villanova like run will depend on our future recruiting more than the make up of next year's team. If we make a good run next year, the odds are slim we keep enough guys around to continue into the following years without substantial annual reloading.

I think going on a Villanova like run will depend on our future recruiting more than the make up of next year's team. If we make a good run next year, the odds are slim we keep enough guys around to continue into the following years without substantial annual reloading.
Goodine’s a better than good start

the last weeks season poll rankings are about as credible as week 3. best 4 teams ain't in the final 4.

the last weeks season poll rankings are about as credible as week 3. best 4 teams ain't in the final 4.

They weren’t.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom