Do we think we are done recruiting for 2021? | Syracusefan.com

Do we think we are done recruiting for 2021?

suclass2014

Walk On
I would be happy with the recruiting/ transfer bunch that we have coming in but in wake of so many people deciding to move on, I was wondering if there is any chance we continue to try to pick up any unsigned players or potential transfers.

I myself would not be opposed to adding a backup PG/SG or even a SG/SF type that may take a few years to contribute. Basically we have only Joe and Symir for our PG spots, and I'm afraid of what would happen if one of them went down or had any sort of troubles next year.

Interested to hear what the room thinks here and if anyone has heard of inside strategy regarding the above.

yes I think we're done but I would get one more warm body as you suggest.
+1

JB's recent quotes seemed to indicate they are going with who they have as of now...

Would be nice to pick up an athlete or 2 who can play the perimter in the zone, drive, dunk, slash, rebound, etc

+1

JB's recent quotes seemed to indicate they are going with who they have as of now...

Would be nice to pick up an athlete or 2 who can play the perimter in the zone, drive, dunk, slash, rebound, etc

As we all know, JB says things. I still expect another pickup or two, especially after hearing about the news with Kaluma.

JB never reveals his true cards on this topic. We will have more than 10 schollie players
I really hope so because we need to have enough quality players to hold competitive scrimmages and practices. Right now, as it currently stands, we can not do that

one injury or foul trouble away from disaster at forward and guard positions, IMO. Assuming Frank and Owens “aren’t ready yet” If they are would feel better

Please not Platek, he shouldn’t have seen the floor at Carolina.

He's exactly the type of player we should be looking for... He won’t complain about minutes, he isn't blocking any recruits and he won't be terrible if he needs to get some playing time.

I don't care about Platek specifically, but we could use him and a forward equivalent next season, along with a depth freshman project with potential. We also need a center if Anselem transfers.

Don't think they're done. We know JB is saving room for a big recruiting class in 2022 but as the roster stands now, only 7 players would return for the 2022 season. The gives him 6 spots to fill for 2022. Speculation is that he will get 4-5 players in that class. So we have room for at least one more 2021 freshman and a grad transfer. Why not use those scholarships for depth or development?

syracuse dot com had a quick article about how they should consider a 2/3 type swing player that is a grad transfer and could be content with a limited bench role. This guy seemed interesting (and played for Murph)

Please not Platek, he shouldn’t have seen the floor at Carolina.
Yeah, I don't think he helps us. Feels like we destroyed him every time he was on the floor.

We aren't comparing him to the Seton-Hall-player-who-shall-not-be-named, we are comparing him to Chaz Owens... Who would you rather have backing up Girard and Torrence if Buddy sprains an ankle?

We aren't comparing him to the Seton-Hall-player-who-shall-not-be-named, we are comparing him to Chaz Owens... Who would you rather have backing up Girard and Torrence if Buddy sprains an ankle?
He has decent size at 6-4 / 205 and shot .327 from 3 in 2020-21 (though in limited numbers - 18 for 55). I agree that he could be a good insurance policy, if he's willing to come off the bench. But whenever I hear his name, I can't help but think of this:

Platek.jpg

Wouldnt mine taking a flyer on a kid like this for guard depth. Wouldnt hurt our chances with other recruits in 22 and provides depth/talent that a walk on won't provide. Getting a guard transfer will be difficult to convince to come here unless kids end up having a hard time finding new spots and we scoop one up late in the portal.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom