Do you consider doing a flip on a snowmobile a sport? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do you consider doing a flip on a snowmobile a sport?

I hate the x games. Especially when they put it on espn and there could be a hoops game on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Somelf those folks are crazy athletes. I enjoy a lot of it

Sent from my Vortex using Tapatalk 2

I never understand why they push these things down the viewers throats. Do people really care enough about these events to have them on ESPN for a full week? I've never watched a single minute of the X games, nor do I really plan to, but do others feel differently?

And doing a flip on a snowmobile is most certainly not a sport. It's an event or as others said, a stunt. Evil Kneivel jumping a motorcycle over 20 buses isn't a sport, and neither are these.

For snowboarders, they jump into foam pits. No kidding.
Now for snowmobiles, there's no way they have that luxury unless they have a crane cause I've been in one of those pits. Hard enough to get out of them with your own two feet, can't imagine having a snowmobile along with it. :eek:

I know they use those foam pits for motorcyles, so I'd imagine they could do it for snowmobiles too.

I know they use those foam pits for motorcyles, so I'd imagine they could do it for snowmobiles too.
Yikes! They must have some winch to pull it out. Either that or someone's got back problems.

Yikes! They must have some winch to pull it out. Either that or someone's got back problems.

lol If I remember they had some sort of crane. Tell you what tho, I'd jump a motorcycle into a foam pit all day long, but I'm not sure I would jump a snowmachine into one... I know for a fact I wouldnt try a back flip on one. Those machines are heavy as hell lol

How do they practice this stuff without killing themselves?
Actually I think there must be fatalities during practice it just isn't reported since it didn't occur at an event and most of them aren't "famous".

Learning how to kick flip 6 stairs takes determination.

So does getting into college.

I've got what it takes. So do you.

lol If I remember they had some sort of crane. Tell you what tho, I'd jump a motorcycle into a foam pit all day long, but I'm not sure I would jump a snowmachine into one... I know for a fact I wouldnt try a back flip on one. Those machines are heavy as hell lol
Big time. Way too scary with that weight.

Not that I would try a backflip with a snowboard. This is probably as scary as I got, aside from a rail slide, which I have seen a good friend cut his lip up on pretty badly.

This was 10 years ago! I don't think I have gotten 3 inches above the ground in the last 5 years. :)

teegrab.jpg

Sport: (noun) an activity involving physical exertion and skill in which an individual or team competes against another or others for entertainment

I never understood when people take such a narrow view of what a sport is, as if there's only room for three or four "true sports." In what possible way would this not be considered a sport? Because there's a motor involved?

I used to work with a girl who always argued pole dancing was a sport - I guess I owe her an apology. :)

It's a competition, not a sport though.

Unless you consider the Home Run Competition at the all-star game a sport, or the dunk contest.

American Idol - they dance around a lot, certainly some physical exertion there.

Ppl eating hot dogs super fast?

They said the sled weighed 450 lbs. Definitely heavy enough to do some damage.

They said the sled weighed 450 lbs. Definitely heavy enough to do some damage.

for sure. I'm quite the thrill seeker, but you wouldnt catch me trying a backflip on a snow machine. A backflip in general kind of scares me. Tried it once on skis, didnt work out.

I used to work with a girl who always argued pole dancing was a sport - I guess I owe her an apology. :)

Unless you consider the Home Run Competition at the all-star game a sport, or the dunk contest.

American Idol - they dance around a lot, certainly some physical exertion there.

Good lord. You DO NOT argue with a girl who says pole dancing is a sport.

This is day-one stuff, people!!

So there has to be physical exertion? What about golf? Is that not a sport? What about competitive cheerleading where routines and elaborate stunts are performed to perfection after years of practice? Is that not a sport? It requires just as much precision, athleticism and teamwork as basketball.

Is it because there are judges? In that case, what about boxing? Wrestling? Gymnastics? Diving?

As far as the hot dog eating... well, that's a tough one. lol

If synchronized swimming/diving remains a part of the Olympics...

Caleb Moore died today from injuries suffered in his snowmobile crash. I believe he is the one who had the sled land on his head

Caleb Moore died today from injuries suffered in his snowmobile crash. I believe he is the one who had the sled land on his head

Jesus that is terrible. Wonder what ramifications will come out of this going forward.

Horrible news. I hope they do something about this, because they keep pushing too far in order to progress the sport.
I'm so sad for his family.

Terrible to hear that he passed, I actually enjoyed watching him and he was talented at what he did. They know what they're getting into when they do this stuff, but it is insane. RIP

Pole dancing should be immediately added to the Olympics.

Why wait for every four years, Pole dancing should replace the National Anthem at all sporting events.