Do you like JPalms latest projection? | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Do you like JPalms latest projection?

Not sure I buy that. I actually think our press has been pretty good this year. There probably isn't a large enough sample size either way to draw a conclusive opinion. Actually, I know there isn't a large sample size. Very surprised JB did not press more this year which is a part of my season long position that getting Rak and Keita more minutes was important because we'll need them at some point (as a result of my belief that we are better team when we can turn teams over and that we could be a very good pressure team).

Any production out of either one of those two guys would allow us to press more because, as you accurately point out, Fab in foul trouble is not good. For all of our talk about depth, the depth on the front line is not good. Length...yes. Depth...no. Keita can't catch the ball which is literally amazing to me.

But the point is, we have played this season largely to our opponents pace. Pressing will change that up and as I have been saying for a couple of weeks, will be interesting to see if JB goes there in the tourney. If not, the Wisci game (if it happens of course) is a 51-50 nail bighter.

44cuse

Yea I wasnt saying we have a bad press. I just think that JB does not want to roll the dice (or take Melo off the floor) to try to speed up the tempo of the game. Earlier in the year when we were making shots and scoring a lot of points this is something that we didnt have to worry about because we had such huge leads. I will be curious to see how much of the press he works in if we do get into a low scoring slugfest type of game.

It isn't who we should be afraid of its everone else screaming about being put in our bracket and playing us on our home floor after all isn't Pittsburgh and Boston one of our hometowns?

Probably should be, since they border New New York.

New New York.jpg

Yea I wasnt saying we have a bad press. I just think that JB does not want to roll the dice (or take Melo off the floor) to try to speed up the tempo of the game. Earlier in the year when we were making shots and scoring a lot of points this is something that we didnt have to worry about because we had such huge leads. I will be curious to see how much of the press he works in if we do get into a low scoring slugfest type of game.

Yeah, exactly. We're on the same page. I'm normally a pretty binary invidual, but I also think The Natural is the best sports movie of all time. So there is this "head in the clouds" or fanciful dreaming part of me that wants to believe JB has some masterful trick up his sleeve of knowing we can press and unleashing the dogs on people in the tourney and running them out of the gym (after having shown the "possession game" all season long).

I know it's ridiculous...but it would be cool.

44cuse

Yeah, exactly. We're on the same page. I'm normally a pretty binary invidual, but I also think The Natural is the best sports movie of all time. So there is this "head in the clouds" or fanciful dreaming part of me that wants to believe JB has some masterful trick up his sleeve of knowing we can press and unleashing the dogs on people in the tourney and running them out of the gym (after having shown the "possession game" all season long).

I know it's ridiculous...but it would be cool.

44cuse
Well it is a solid movie...

You mean Tom Selleck didnt in Mr. Baseball?

Something like that. And John Goodman didn't either. Jury is out on Bernie Mac in Mr. 3000. ;)

44cuse

Something like that. And John Goodman didn't either. Jury is out on Bernie Mac in Mr. 3000. ;)

44cuse

ooof. those were bad performances. At least in 61 Barry Pepper and Thomas Jane played a good Mick and Rog.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseVegas

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom