Do you think Wisconsin will throw some zone at us? | Syracusefan.com

Do you think Wisconsin will throw some zone at us?

STEVEHOLT

There are FIVE letters in the name BLAIN.
I know this is not their thing, however several teams that did not play zone threw some zone against us...and even a crappy zone seems to be effective in mitigating our offenses effectiveness.

In fact, even K state threw zone at us for one possession but dumped it as scoop immediately hit a three.

I personally think we WILL see some zone..those fools have had several days to practice some modicum of a crappy zone against us.

i highly doubt it - but I guess they could throw it in for a possession or two.. but really tho, they haven't played it all this year, why start playing it in the Sweet 16?

I doubt they will employ any zone. But I could see them pressing on a few inbound plays early in the game, just to see how we handle it. Then go right back into stall ball.

No way...they are best m-m team in country...why would they try zone that they havent played all year...

Bo Ryan will never play a zone, but they would if they were smart. We cannot beat a zone. We absolutely suck against it. We are built to defeat a man defense, and struggle against zone.

We will see if Ryan is as stubborn as JB. JB catches a lot of flak for not changing out of the zone when the opposition is hitting from outside. Will Ryan do the same if out guard are cutting up their m2m with drives?

Bo is most definitely as stubborn as boeheim - UW hasn't played a second of zone in the decade he's been there. "So you're saying there's a chance" is apropos.

You have a better chance of seeing the Badgers press the whole game and go UNC-style up-tempo than you do of seeing the Badgers in a zone for even one possession tonight or any other night while Bo is the coach.

Wisconsin is to man what we are to the 2-3 zone.
They play man to man.
They excel at it.
And we'd better be prepared for our toughest game of the season.

GO ORANGE!

Bo is most definitely as stubborn as boeheim - UW hasn't played a second of zone in the decade he's been there. "So you're saying there's a chance" is apropos.

You have a better chance of seeing the Badgers press the whole game and go UNC-style up-tempo than you do of seeing the Badgers in a zone for even one possession tonight or any other night while Bo is the coach.
It's abundantly clear, from these malicious posts that these SOBsare trolls.

I keed, but seriously, if you beat us tonight I will eat your first borns. Like Moses.

good luck and stuff.

It's abundantly clear, from these malicious posts that these SOBsare trolls.

I keed, but seriously, if you beat us tonight I will eat your first borns. Like Moses.

good luck and stuff.

Good luck, I guess. I would say that we need this after to get off the Sweet 16 schneid we've been on for the last 7 years or so, but it looks like SU has had a little S16 bugaboo of its own.

Can we at least agree that neither one of our teams should allow that whiney Jared Sullinger and OSU to make the Final Four?

Good luck, I guess. I would say that we need this after to get off the Sweet 16 schneid we've been on for the last 7 years or so, but it looks like SU has had a little S16 bugaboo of its own.

Can we at least agree that neither one of our teams should allow that whiney Jared Sullinger and OSU to make the Final Four?
100% we're on the same page. Any other given night wisconsin is good by me. Not so much tonight, nothing personal. We havent been to an elite eight since '03, and we're sick of it(literally, I've felt nauseous all day).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom