Does 20-13, 21-12 or 22-11 get us in | Syracusefan.com

Does 20-13, 21-12 or 22-11 get us in

orangebabe

Scout Team
If we go 8-2, 7-3, or 6-4 down the final stretch with only 1 win in the ACC tourney, which I think is highly likely to happen, do we get in the NCAA tourney at 20-13, 21-12, or 22-11? Will the NCAA committee also take into consideration the losses to St. Johns, Gtown, and Clemson which were without Coach?

We'll get in with those records. 22-11 or 21-12 for sure. This isn't 06-07, when our non-conference schedule included 13 games against rum dum state.

depends on who we beat
All the teams we should: GTECH, VT, FSU, BC, NC St. and FSU with 1-2 wins over either Notre Dame, Louisville or Pitt and 1 win in the ACC tourney.

Don't want to steal Marsh's thunder, but I was curious.

Right now we're tied for 11th (!) with Florida State. Depending on how the tie is broken, we'd either be playing the #14 or #15 seed (Wake or BC) in round 1. Then you'd get into the Pitt/Virginia range, depending on where we were seeded.

I don't want to go too far down the rabbit hole here, since there is a lot of basketball to be played, but you really want to finish in the top 9, as that keeps you out of the first day, and you avoid a game against a bottom dweller that is essentially no win. You finish in the top 9, you get the first day off, and you're pretty much guaranteed a first game against at least a fringe tournament team.

The other thing is, we're 3-5 tied for 11th right now; we win 4 or 5 of the next 5 and we're going to probably be around 5th or 6th. So like I said, a lot will change.

All the teams we should: GTECH, VT, FSU, BC, NC St. and FSU with 1-2 wins over either Notre Dame, Louisville or Pitt and 1 win in the ACC tourney.

In theory yes. I personally think FSU and GA Tech are really bad matchups for this team, however. Tonight is a must. As Boeheim said we turn Centers/frontlines into All-Americans. Florida St has impressive size and two talented freshmen as well. GA Tech plays everybody tough this year and get into you defensively. We know VA Tech will do the same as well in terms of their guards getting into you.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom